To whom it may concern,
Please find my CV included for consideration for employment in your company for the position of General Operative.
1. I have served 23 years in the Irish Defence Forces & have been recently discharged on pension. In the time served I have gained a lot of experience, both life and taught. I also have the ability & knowledge to work & cooperate with people of other cultures & backgrounds.
2. I have experience working at Entry level & on discharge I was at Middle management/ Supervisory Level. In terms of management & supervision, I was an acting Company Sergeant in the 12th Infantry Battalion based in Limerick. This Middle Management appointment made me responsible for approx 120 personnel. On a day to day basis I lead, delegate/tasked & supervised group/section leaders who looked after the welfare, training & duties of the personnel of the Company.
3. To accompany my civilian CV, on request i can also provide you with my Annual Appraisal reports & Military CV.
4. At present I am self employed as a Manual Handling Tutor & a Physical Training Instructor. In this position, I am dealing with cash sales & I have interaction with the public & customers over the phone & face to face on a daily basis.
5. I have spent my adult life within the Defence Forces & I have a structured thought process, I follow rules & regulations & adhere to SOPs, however my experience has taught me to be flexible & adaptable. I am trustworthy, a hard worker, good timekeeper, diligent & have a full employment history. I can work on my own or as part of a team, I have a can do attitude.
6. I wish to be considered for Part time nights.
These are my capabilities, hope I may be an asset to your company.
Aug 87-Jul 92
Leaving Cert at Douglas Community Secondary School
PHECC CFR Apr 2018
Basic/Practical First Aid Apr 2018
Skills Training on Risk Management in Suicide Prevention Nov 2017
Door & Static PSA course Oct/Nov 2017
Manual Handling Certification Oct 2017
HACCP (DF School of Catering) Jul 2017
Certificate in Group & Personal Training (EQF 3 & 4) Jun 2015
FETAC 6 Manual Handling Instructor (Current) Jan 2011
Microsoft Office Information services incorporating ECDL Oct 2009
Initial Tutor Training Programme for Adult Basic Education Dec 2007
Category C & D1 Driving Licence Jul 1996
Leaving Certificate, Douglas Community School, Cork. June 1992
Oct 1992 - Apr 1994
General Operative at B & D Windows Ltd Cork (Ballinlough Cork)
General Operative in aluminium & PVC window fabrication & installation
Apr 1994 - Feb 2018
Soldier at Dept. of Defence
Lebanon, UNIFIL (1995, 1996 & 2000) – Active patrolling to provide a safe and secure environment as part of a team.
Bosnia, SFOR, NATO (2002) – CIMIC (Civil Military Co-operation) Team Leader & Operations.
Sweden, NBG (2014 -2015) – Platoon Sgt – Multinational Irish, NATO & EU force.