“Belmont” – Templeuisce, Upper Glanmire, Co. Cork .
D.O.B 18TH March 1998
+353 21 4884696 (home) +353 87062 3696 (mobile)
A highly motivated, flexible & enthusiastic first year Criminology university student looking for part time work in, a hospitality and catering environment. From my rugby experience I have been taught to work well as part of a team and achieve goals. As a member of Scouting Ireland for 10 years I am disciplined, reliable, practical team player and a hard worker.
2016 – Present University College Cork Criminology BA (1st Year)
2013 – 2016 Christian Brothers College, Cork City Leaving Cert. 2016
2010 – 2013 Coláiste an Phiarsaigh, Glanmire, Co Cork Junior Cert. 2013
April ’17 – Present Clarks mahon point Co Cork Sales staff
Working under the supervison of a mangemnt team. With main duties intailing of sales, cleaning and the general upkeep of the store and stock rooms. Within the weeks I have been working at Clarks, I have received team member of the week on two occasions which means I had the most sales for that week. My general duties are mens and ladies replenisment along with the dusting, hoovering and the labeling of the floor.
July ’14- feb 15 Ambassador hotel, Cork City. Porter
Working under the general guidance of hotel Manager, assisted in the smooth running of the day to day running’s of the hotel. Providing a strong presence to ensure that all customer requests and queries are responded to promptly and effectively.
· Preparing bar for service, restocking beverages when required
· Occasionally working at weddings, Private functions and Conferences
· Dealing with customer complaints in a friendly manner
· As porter made sure that reception area remains neat and clean
· Ensured Guests are warmly welcomed to the hotel
· Run errands for guests when requested
· Delivered guests luggage to hotel rooms
Aug’14 -Present local farm, Glanmire, Co.Cork Occasional farmhand
Working on a medium sized farm when needed. Responsibilities included maintaining the up keep of the farmyard ensuring yards and sheds are clean and fit for purpose. Was involved in daily tasks such as feeding, herding and monitoring the animals. Also during the busy calving season, I assisted the farmer in birthing and feeding of the calves.
Oct ’14– Present. Ballindenisk Events Centre (http://www.ballindenisk.org) Occasional Steward & Farmhand
Working with a team of both paid and volunteer workers responsible for the maintenance and setup of Fences and jumps for equestrian competitions. Along with repairing of the fences we had to ensure the course is safe both for the spectators and the competitors. We also ensured the spectators and competitors stayed with the assigned area are to ensure events ran smoothly.
2013 -2015. Assisting Members of Apple Sports & Social club.
Working with the committee in the set up of events set up layout and general duties during the event.
Key Skills and Competencies
· Able to work well in fast paced environments
· Maintain high visibility and energy levels when dealing with issues
· Great communication skills and ability to interact effectively at all levels
· Strong team player
· Keen to learn and develop new skills in the all industry
Played rugby with a local club 12 years
Level 3 proficiency in Kayaking (2010)
Over 10 years in scout, from Beaver’s to Ventures and then Assistant Scout leader.
HOBBIES & INTERESTS
· Sport: Rugby, Gym Fitness, Swimming, Kayaking, cliff jumping, airsoft & Orienteering
· Rugby: Underage Rugby trainer & Referee for home rugby club
· Volunteer work with animals.
Available on Request