Final Year Psychology Student in Unversity College Cork. Passionate about providing award-winning customer care and have experience in a diverse range of customer service roles and administration. Excited to bring my wide range of experience and knowledge to a new career.
2015 – Present: Higher Diploma in Psychology, UCC
Result: Expect to Graduate with 2nd class Honours Grade 1 (2.1)
§ Work Psychology
§ Statistical applications and Experiment Design
§ Social Psychology
§ Psychometric assessment
§ Formation of Identity in QQI-FET students transitioning to Third Level (Current). Completing a 15,000 word paper based on qualitative data gathered through self conducted interviews. Examining how incoming QQI-FET students develop their identity as a third level student.
§ SpitPic; using selfies to guarantee Clinical Adherence; involved in data collection and analysis of collecting pictures from subjects designed to improve adherence to clinical instructions. Research was published in 2017.
2010 – 2015 BSc Neuroscience, UCC
Result: Graduated with 2nd class honours.
§ Medical Microbiology
§ Behavioural & Cognitive Neuroscience
§ Cellular & Molecular Neuroscience
§ Parkinson’s; A Model of Cognitive and Behavioural dysfunction; Completed a 8,000 word paper comprising of quantitative research gathered in conjunction with other students. Examining how a new model of parkinson’s would be more applicable to creating a cognitive model of the disease, therefore allowing the testing of a wider range of potential therapies. Presented results of the project to Department of Neuroscience and Anatomy.
§ The effects of Lactobacillus Brevis on Anxiety and Depression on the Rat; Completed a 6,000 word pape based on quantitative research gathered in the APC. Examining how the introdiction of Lactobacillus Brevis affects levels of NMDA, GABA and BDNF, to examine any potential effects on depression. Presented Results to the Department of Neuroscience and Anatomy.
IT and Lab skills
· Currently completing a Green belt in Six Sigma
· Currently taking classes in computer languages Python and R
· Full understanding of Windows and Unix systems
· Professional standard in MS Office and all accompanying programs.
· Extensive experience with SPSS, Applied Biosystems 7300 Real-Time PCR program, mirVana miRNA Isolation Kit.
Customer Service Experience
Trainee Duty Manager/ Party Host at Awesome Walls, February 2017 ~ Present
Mount Eden, Model Farm Road, Cork
· As Trainee Duty Manager, in charge of directing staff, taking bookings, managing social media and outreach, handling cash, opening and closing up and managing the running of the business each day.
· As Party Host, in charge of managing children’s parties, providing refreshments, ensuring a certain standard of cleanliness, and ensuring a smooth transition between parties while adhering to Health and Safety Guidelines
· Also responsible for serving customers, sales, cleaning, assisting the Duty Manager in a variety of ways and providing top class customer care
Customer service Representative at Firstsource, November 2011 ~ October 2013 Churchfield, Co. Cork
· Dealt with customer queries/ issues with their phone service.
· Appointed part time Floor Walker at Firstsource after maintaining a consistently high standard of customer care. This involved handling supervisor calls and helping customer care agents with difficult queries.
· Awarded a certificate for excellent Customer Service after receiving consistent positive feedback from customers.
· Gained fantastic sales experience, interpersonal skills, time management skills and active listening skills
Receptionist/ Duty Manager at Gold Hair Salon, June 2011 ~ August 2011
· Involved in scheduling appointments and staff members, Managed social media and online outreach
· Involved in budgeting, ordering and arranging stock and “cashing up” at the end of each day
· Gained experience in managing budgets, interpersonal and supervisory skills and customer service
Administrative Work Experience
Event Staff Supervisor in Jennings Gallery, Brookfield, UCC November 2016 ~ March 2018
· Involved in sales, stock taking, training & mediating contact between recruits and staff
· Recruiting students from UCC to work for events held at the gallery
· Gained great experience in sales, working with a team to achieve results and organisational skills
Student support in Admissions Office, UCC July 2016 ~ December 2017
· Assist with queries/ issues from incoming and current students
· Was involved with coordinating the T2UCC programme for QQI-FET students
· Assisted in coordinating orientation for incoming first year students
· Gained excellent interpersonal skills and communication, as well as team work/organisational skills
Volunteer Teacher at Cork Life Centre September 2016 ~ December 2016
§ Teaching Leaving Certificate Geography and Biology
§ Devising lesson plans, supervising breaks, interacting with students and staff and evaluating student progress
§ Gained experience working with teenagers, being flexible in a challenging and dynamic environment
University Volunteer Work and Achievements
· Served as Features Editor for the UCC Express 2016/2017. This involved recruiting writers to contribute, editing submissions to a high standard and producing 6,000 words consistently evey two weeks.
· Was a Radio Host for UCC 98.3FM in 2015/2016. This involved recruiting guests, being knowledgeable in a wide variety of topics for discussion and occasionally producing the show.
· The first student in UCC to sit on a Quality Assurance board auditing a university department, as part of a committee auditing the School of World Religions and Asian studies. 2 professors emeritus, one senior careers advisor and myself collaborated to write up a report describing our findings after 3 days of seminars relating to every aspect of the school.
· Elected as Equality Officer for UCC Students’ Union for the academic year 2013/2014 by the student body. This involved representing minority students on campus, holding awareness events and defending the rights of mature/international/LGBT/disabled students.
· Involved in the Peer Support Scheme in UCC, both as an active Peer Supporter and as a member of the Steering Committee. Peer Supporters help first years in the same degree programme navigate the transition to university. The Steering Committee has a more involved role in the day to day organisation of the Peer Support initiative and also in the organisation or Orientation.
· Served as the postgraduate rep on the UCC Psychology Society, representing the interests of masters and PhDs.
· Was the first Ally Officer in UCC LGBT* society
· Elected to various roles in UCC Science Society
· Currently training for VHI women’s mini marathon
Available on request
BSc Neuroscience at University College Cork
HDip Psychology at University College Cork