General Operative & Storeman
Diligent and committed worker with years of experience working both independently and as part of teams in highly regulated, safety and process strict environments across multiple industries. Adaptable individual whom appreciates the importance, value and requirements of highly controlled and regulated environments. Committed to following safety protocols and delivering on work targets and schedules, dedicated to ‘getting the job done’ on time and safely. Previous supervisory experience with excellent communication skills based on open and honest communication which I value highly and building team collaboration and communications. Developed a reputation in all previous roles for being the primary point of contact for issue escalation and resolution on site. Widely traveled and holder of multiple certifications, life long learner who enjoys learning new skills and takes great pride and work satisfaction in being flexible and multi-skilled.
Personal Work Values: Honesty, Safety First, Loyalty and Dedication.
Full current EC Licence free from endorsement and penalty points
Categories – A, B, C, D, E, CE, W
– Safe Pass (Valid from 23/02/18)
– Construction Skills Certificate: Site Dumper, Slinger / Signaller (Banksman), Telescopic Handler (Teleporter), Tower Crane, Articulate Dump Truck
– Lift Truck Operator Licence (Valid until 19th Dec 2020)
– Crane & Hoisting Equipment Operator Licence (Hydraulic Mobile Crane) (Valid until Jun 2023)
– Driver CPC – All Modules completed
– Bosiet Certificate OPITO Approved
– First Aid Level A (CPR + AED) Valid through Mar 2020
– BST Certificate (Basic Survival Training – Valid through 2018)
Other: 2017, prior to returning to Ireland I completed “Recruit Firefighter Basic” training in Yellowhead County Fire Department, Edson, Alberta, Canada
Travel: Australia, New Zealand, New York, Vancouver, Toronto, Edmonton & Calgary
Leisure/Interests: Motorbikes, Farm & Plant Machinery, Hill Walking, Munster Rugby, Gaelic Football
Other: Helped raise over €10K for Cope Foundation through a bike run around the Scottish Highlands
– Higher Certificate in Theology from Mary Immaculate College
– Awarded a Scholarship in theology by Cardinal Sean Brady
– Life Member of the Irish Red Cross
Early Career History:
Prior to departure for Australia in 2012, I worked in various roles, the majority of which were in the Construction industry for 12 years with McNamara Ltd, John. F Supple Ltd., and Walsh Engineering Ltd.
Higher Certificate in Science – Good Manufacturing Practice & Technology at Cork Institute of Technology
Certificate in Supervisory Management at College of Commerce Cork
Apr ‘18 – Present BMD, Cork.
Banksman / Slinger, Forklift & Teleporter/General Operative & Storeman at BMD, Cork
BMD is an Irish based Mechanical and Process Engineering Company, with its head office and manufacturing facilities in Cork. BMD Service and Module Solutions Provider to the Pharma, Bio-Pharma, Chemical, Brewing, Oil & Gas, Power and Utilities Industries both in Ireland and internationally.
• General Operator duties
• Adhering to site safety regulations, protocols and procedures in all tasks and responsibilities
• Heavy Machinery operation – Safe slinging of loads – working with the crane operator to assess and ensure best load management and movement protocols.
• Loading / Unloading of vehicles
• Materials distribution on a large site to the scheduled requirements
Dec ‘17 – Mar ‘18
General Operative (Contract) at Core Grouting (Bahrain & North Sea)
Core Grouting Services is focused on providing expert grouting services & solutions to the Offshore Oil & Gas and Renewables sector including specialist underwater foundations for barges, jetties and offshore wind turbines.
• Off Shore work providing expert grouting services & solutions for Oil & Gas and Renewables sector, delivering various projects safely, on time and in budget
• Strong emphasis on team building, providing a collaborative contribution to processes, decisions and planning of various projects
• Monitoring of Pumps and Gauges
• Monitoring protocols and ensuring required safety standards
Jan ‘16 – Dec ‘17
General Operative / Hazardous Materials Driver (Contract) at MAD Oil Field Solutions (Alberta, Canada)
MAD Oilfield Solutions is a premium service provider of Hydro- vacs, Semi-vacs, Body vacs, Combo units, Sour Sealed water units, Pressure trucks, and Steamers.
• Safe transportation of hazardous fluids from Oil Refineries to Waste Disposal Sites, which included chaining up of truck tyres in extreme weather conditions
• Liaised with clients, consultants and sub-contractors daily to meet schedules
Jul ‘14 – Jan’16
Supervisor (Full-Time) at DFI Industries (Alberta, Canada)
DFI is the industry leader in design, supply, and installation of steel piling products for the onshore industries, and crane manufacturers.
• Safe transportation of oversize loads to site, which included chaining up of truck tyres in extreme weather conditions.
• Safe operation of picker cranes
• Liaised with clients, consultants and sub-contractors daily to collaborate on various projects and ensure completion
• Supervisor for a team of six including; Swampers / Riggers, Drillers, Crane Operator, and Driver.
Mar’14 – Jul ‘14
General Operative (Contract) at Cando Specialised Rail Support Ltd. (Brandon, Manitoba, Canada)
Rail Support Specialists and material supply chain experts providing complete rail solutions including industrial switching, materials handling, logistics, terminal, transload and engineering services.
• Safe operation of rail mounted, truck driven cranes.
• Safe distribution of rail equipment, the hooking on and off, of rail cars, switching of rail lines and locking out of derail equipment,
• Working as part of a team ensuring safety requirements through clear and concise radio communications and instructions.
Mar ‘13- Oct ‘13
General Operative – Dairy Farming (Contract) at Ahern Agriculture (Ireland)
• General duties associated with Dairy Farming
Oct ‘12 – Mar ‘13
Mining Operative - Iron (Contract) at Cimeco (Perth, Western Australia)
Cimeco is a manufacturing and procurement services company supplying services for mainly metal, steel and plastic products, retail display and construction materials globally.
• Banksman (Slinger) – working in extreme weather conditions both day and night shift. (ties up loads – for a crane –
• Managing schedules and equipment for load transfers, identifying best procedures and adhering to safety requirements.
• Mobile Crane Operator.
Jul’12 – Sep ‘12
General Operative / Labourer/ Forklift & Truck Driver (Contract) at Phoenix Refractories (Perth, Western Australia)
Specialists in Refractory Maintenance for all boilers, furnaces, and heat- treating units.
• Truck Driver – full clean licenses in multiple categories.
• General Operative & Labourer
• Forklift Operator