Apt. 84, Victoria Lodge, Victoria Cross, Cork.
Date of birth: 06/03/1997 Gender: Female
Email: [email protected] Mobile: (086) 1271677
I am a student at UCC. I am in my final year of Zoology. I have retail experience working as a sales associate at Holland and Barrett. I have also worked as a waitress and for a stock-taking company. I completed an internship at Gas Networks Ireland in 2016. I have experience operating a till, merchandising stock, caring out stock takes and providing excellent customer service. As a part of my work at Holland and Barret, I was responsible for opening and closing the store, managing the banking, and I often lone traded. I enjoy dealing with the public and I work well individually and as a member of a team. I am hardworking and a fast learner.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
University College Cork
Bachelor of Science in Zoology
Presentation Secondary School, Grogan’s Road, Wexford.
Leaving Certificate (2015):
Irish (H) C2
English (H) A2
Math (O) A1
History (H) C2
French (H) C2
Chemistry (H) B2
Business (H) B3
Junior Certificate (2012):
Irish (H) C English (H) A
Math (H) B History (H) A
Geography (H) A French (H) A
Science (H) A Music (H) B
Religion (H) B Business (H) A
CSPE (H) A
Screen National School, Screen, Co. Wexford.
Sales Associate, Holland and Barrett June 3rd, 2018 until August 21st, 2018
I worked as a sales associate at Holland and Barrett. As a part of my job, I received extensive training in how to provide excellent customer service. I would welcome and approach every customer, establish their needs, offer a solution, link and upsell products, and close the sale. My role involved working on the till, merchandising stock, completing date checks and stock takes. I was responsible for opening and closing the store and completing the banking at the end of every day.
Employee, TakeStock December 2017 until May 2018
I worked for TakeStock, a company that delivers stocktaking services to supermarkets, off licenses, newsagents, service stations, fashion retailers, homeware stores, and hardware retailers. As a part of my work, I have completed stock takes in a variety of different stores all over the country.
Intern, Gas Networks Ireland May 2016 until September 2016
I spent five months as a student intern working full time at Gas Networks Ireland on their environmental team. Some of the tasks I completed during my time at GNI include: working on an environmental awareness campaign; designing and editing webpages; working extensively with Microsoft Excel; writing articles for the company newsletter; going on-site visits, making phone calls, answering emails, attending team meetings, taking minutes, and performing health and safety checks.
Waitress, Da Paolo Italian Restaurant May 2015 until September 2015
I worked as a waitress at an Italian restaurant for 4 months. My role entailed of greeting customers, taking orders, serving food and drink, setting and clearing tables, providing excellent service and ensuring the happiness and satisfaction of each customer, cleaning bathrooms and the kitchen area, signing for orders, stocking the fridges, cleaning dishes in the kitchen and glasses in the bar area, and taking phone calls.
• Previous customer service experience.
• Previous retail experience.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work well either individually or as part of a team.
• I have completed 3 ECDL’s and am very capable on a computer especially with Microsoft Excel.
• I have spent time creating and updating webpages.
• I am self-motivated, outgoing and friendly.
• I enjoy swimming and have a certificate in lifesaving.
• I am a member of the Environmental Society and I am very interested in animals.
• I am currently training with the Samaritans to volunteer at Niteline, a student helpline.
• My other hobbies include playing the guitar and spending time outdoors.
• I was chosen to go to Lourdes and represent my school in 5th year with the Ferns diocese on their annual pilgrimage as an assistant to the elderly and the sick. I gained vast experience in helping and dealing with elderly parishioners. It was very rewarding, and I hope to return someday.
Ms Laura Higgins,
Holland and Barrett,
Paul St Shopping Centre,
Tel: (021) 427 0729
Mr. Peter Keegan
Gas Networks Ireland,
St. Margaret’s Road,
Tel: (086) 375 5665
Mr. Bernard Brown,
Corn Exchange Place,
Tel: (086) 261 8086 or (01) 77 55 242