I am a driven Final Year Business Information Systems student. I set very high standards for myself in all facets of life, academic, social, and personal. I always strive to maintain these standards. Having a strong work ethic has allowed me to excel. I am a strong team player who enjoys working with others to achieve an objective on time and with excellence. I am passionate about information technology and software development. I have been fortunate to gain educational experience during my studies, with UCC and KCFE. These opportunities allowed me to develop, utilise and adapt skills throughout my degree. I am currently finished my college course and I am looking for a job.
12/2021 – Current UCC, Intern, Cork City
· Basic Office duties – printing, scanning etc.
· Collecting of data for marketing research and presenting it into Excel file
· Working with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents
· Preparation of marketing collateral for product launch.
· Devised a new website based on existing industry standards and innovative design in education
· Assisting with product launch of Micro – Credentials
10/2021 – 10/2021 The Boatyard, Waiter/Bartender, Dingle Co. Kerry
· Served Drinks and Food to customers
· Interacting with customers, taking orders and serving snacks and drinks
· Made basic cocktails
· Sold locally brewed craft beer to customers
· Restock and replenish bar inventory and supplies
06/2019 – 09/2020 Crag Caves, Waiter/Tour Guide, Castleisland Co. Kerry
· Waited and served tables, gave table service, and took orders and gave tour guides to tourists and customers down in the cave. Having to give tour guides multiple times a day greatly improved my presentation and communication skills as I had 1st person interaction with the customers and learned to be very friendly and to make an impression which allows me to be a better and more confident speaker and thought me how to communicate with customers in a proper and friendly manner. Memorized over 30 menu items and rotating specials to give customized recommendations to guests. Warmly greeted new and returning customers and developed relationships resulting in customer loyalty.
· Maintained and enforced strict and up-to-date cleanliness and social distancing policies regarding the COVID-19 outbreak to ensure both employee safety and customer satisfaction.
05/2018 – 01/2019 Hotel Killarney, Food & Beverage Assistant/Porter/Housekeeper
· Taking care of the needs of the guests directly, handling any trouble they might be having or any favours they need to be done. Also maintaining the hotels cleanliness. This thought me how to deal with issues that customers might have and how to deal with this in the best manner and how to communicate efficiently with them. Swiftly and successfully resolved conflict resulting in customer satisfaction 100% of the time
· Serving the food, cleaning tables, taking care of the needs of customers, maintaining the appearance of the kitchen and restaurant. Served breakfast and dinner to 100+ customers per shift.
· Cleaned the beds, bathrooms and the kitchen area
09/2018 – Present BSc (Hons) Business Information Systems
University College Cork
· Business Modelling, Systems Analysis and Design: Learned how businesses communicate and how analysis and design come into use in an organization.
· Databases in Organisations: Learned how to create a database through programmes like Microsoft Access, Excel and Oracle APEX and learned SQL which is a database coding language.
· Java Programming, Visual Basic Programming, SQL, Php, HTML & CSS: Learned how to program in many different languages and have been assigned project on each which tested my ability on each and my problem-solving skills
· Accounting, Economics & Business Statistics
09/2017 – 05/2018 A QQI Level 5 in Software Development
Kerry College of Further Education
Results: 8 distinctions (80-100%) in all modules
· Databases: Learned the basics of databases through programmes like Microsoft Access
· Java Programming: Learned the basics of Java programming
· Communications: Learned how to how use power point and give presentations
· Maths for IT
· I have designed a few websites using HTML, CSS.
· I have completed projects using VB.Net, Java and Android Studio in and really enjoyed these projects as they thought me how to work to a deadline and how to approach projects.
Possess excellent interpersonal skills; I am polite, helpful, and always enthusiastic.
High ability to multitask which helps when given multiple jobs/assignments
Excellent active listener and effective communicator with colleagues and customers.
I always demonstrate strong attention to details.
Confident enough to deal with complaints and issues