Weddings and Events Coordinator, Oriel House Hotel, Cork
Oriel House Hotel, Cork
Oriel House Hotel, part of the Talbot Collection, is currently recruiting for an experienced Weddings and Events Coordinator to join our team. Oriel House Hotel is a busy 99 bedroom hotel with a strong corporate and leisure base.
The Wedding & Events Co-Ordinator has responsibility to ensure the smooth running of all conferences and banquets within the Oriel House Hotel and representing Oriel House Hotel in a favourable and efficient manner.
Main Duties of the Weddings and Events Coordinator:
- Responsible for responding to wedding and event enquiries, within the responsibility of your department are co-ordinated and converted in a professional, efficient and customer focused manner.
- Maintenance of daily/monthly booking files- all weddings and events within Oriel House Hotel.
- Assist in co-ordinating the administration and distribution of all function sheets/menus alongside the Wedding, Meetings & Events Executive.
- Ensure all additional events are dealt with and distributed immediately and communicated to appropriate departments.
- Send out the required information to clients on request.
- Creation of support material to facilitate same- customer follow up documentation, quotations, contracts, function sheets etc.
- Assist in gathering key customer feedback and report points of issues to the Sales & Marketing Manager.
- Produce sales documentation i.e., Menus daily and any other internal sales documents.
- Conduct competitor analysis report for all competitors when requested from the Sales & Marketing Manager.
- Responsible for liaising with reception and accounts to ensure correct billing of all weddings, meetings and events.
- Ensure accurate and complete entries in to Hotsoft in accordance with established procedures.
- Assisting the Weddings, Meetings & Event Coordinator in ensuring all daily function sheet is produced and communicated to all departments. As well as producing detailed function sheets for function sheet meetings for the next 10 days together with an overview of business on the books for the next month.
- Communicate all function details in a timely manner to all appropriate departments. Including assisting chairing of weekly function sheet meetings.
- Become a proficient user (in-house expert) of the internal property management systems- HotSoft.
- Ensure any tentative booking become definite to ensure the Hotsoft system reflects current business levels.
- Work with the sales & marketing manager to produce on a weekly basis providing a weekly wedding report as well as a 3-month rolling forecast f sales within he Sales department.
- Keep up to date with industry trends, developments, changes and ideas, bringing these to the Sales & Marketing Manager.
- Eensure that all wedding sales leads are captured and followed up with in a timely and efficient manner- as per the wedding enquiry SOP provided by the Sales & Marketing Manager.
- To arrange monthly wedding evenings and quarterly wedding showcases.
- Ensure to meet with clients to provide a show around of facilities and information as necessary to secure booking.
The successful candidate will have:
- 4 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Be familiar with revenue, meetings and events systems.
- Ability to work on your own initiative, as well as being capable of working as part of a team
- Friendly and professional work attitude.
- Good attention detail
- Fluent English essential – written and spoken.
- Must be available to work variable shifts. This role will include some Saturday work days.
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
What do we offer?
- Complimentary Leisure Club Membership
- Staff Meals
- Free Parking
- Discounted Accommodation Rates
- Work for a Great Places to Work Certified Company
- Life Insurance
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Pension Scheme
***Oriel House Hotel is an equal opportunity employer***