Warehousing & Logistics Senior Associate / Lead, Lilly, Cork
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Main Purpose and Objectives of Position:
The Warehousing & Logistics Senior Associate / Lead is responsible for supporting processes within Warehouse & Logistics function. This role is responsible for the daily operations within the warehousing area including providing technical support for Warehousing business processes, performance management of core activities, managing process improvement and ensuring GmP standards within the area.
Scope: This role has responsibility across Small Molecule & Large Molecule business areas
Personal considerations: The role operates on standard working week. The job may also involve some non-scheduled call-in time to respond to emergencies etc. and some scheduled call-in time
Educational requirements: At a minimum, a higher-level degree or equivalent qualification preferably in Supply Chain or related discipline
License/ Certificate requirements: None
Language requirements: Proficient in English
- Active member of the Supply Chain – Warehouse & Logistics Team
- Owner of all warehousing facilities assigned to the role e.g. Ambient, Cold Storage, Drum storage, Hazardous area, Off site warehouses etc
- GmP owner for Warehousing facilities & business processes including interaction with compliance agencies on receipts, shipping & cold chain standards
- Ensure warehousing facilities are maintained in a clean GmP state at all times
- Technical oversight of warehousing and logistics processes including Shipping, Goods Receipt, Cycle Counting, Material flow etc
- Technical support / owner for deviation investigations, OPEX investigations within the warehousing function
- Performance management of day-to-day shipping operations for both SM and LM shipments
- Site SME for cold chain activities i.e., shipping qualifications, transportation under refrigerated/frozen conditions
- Ensuring all GmP requirements & Sarbox controls which fall under the warehousing facilities are completed e.g. pest control, temperature monitoring, cycle counting etc
- Ensuring warehousing pallet occupancy is maintained at safe levels and proactively engage with the business to leverage onsite & offsite capacity
- Participate in Quality and Safety TOF audits
- Support of the design of shipping routes and qualification requirements
- Focus on continuous improvement, process optimisations, streamlining work instructions, SOPs, etc
- Support Supply Chain projects relating to Shipping configurations, Receipt processes, new technologies, storage capacity onsite / offsite etc
- Ownership of process improvement & support change management with the warehousing business function
- Experience of engaging cross functionally and with external service providers
- Owner for projects within the warehousing business area
Attributes for the role
- Understanding of Warehouse Processes e.g., shipping & cold storage processes
- Proven record of delivering complex projects with safety and quality to the fore.
- Demonstrated, high learning agility and flexibility & ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Demonstrated ability to influence peers and business partners.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively identify issues and either resolve or escalate to the appropriate level for resolution.
- Excellent self-management and organizational skills; able to manage a varied workload, set/ respond to personal and team priorities and adjust as needed.
- Ability to identify and prioritize issues, develop and implement solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to lead significant change, will need to influence without authority.
- Ability to establish key relationships with internal and external contacts.
- Strong communication and interpersonal interaction skills to be able to work effectively in a team-based environment.
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( [email protected] ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.