Warehouse Dispatch, Sysco Ireland, Cork
Sysco Ireland, Cork
The primary role of the Night Loader is to assist with the Loading, unloading, preparing of Delivery Vehicles for our Drivers. This will involve manual work of loading the delivery vehicles with our products.
- Assisting with the Loading and unloading of delivery vehicles with stock
- Preparing of delivery vehicles with Delivery Drivers
- Order picking
- Maintain communication with operations supervisors/managers
- Always follow QA Food Segregation and health and safety standards
- Health and Safety of yourself and others around you
- Ensuring that you keep good relationships with your team members
- Reporting damages, accidents and issues relating to Food Safety
- Hygiene in your department and good housekeeping, Clean as you go
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent organizational, prioritization, self-motivation, and problem resolution skills.
- Must exhibit a high level of endurance, energy and desire to successfully perform in the position.
- Ability to effectively listen, understand and respond positively to requests with the appropriate sense of urgency.
- Ability to adapt to changing assignments and multiple priorities/tasks.
- Ability to prioritize work and perform well under pressure while successfully meeting key deadlines.
- Ability to interact effectively as a member of a team and work collaboratively with other departments.
- Equally comfortable working on own initiative or to a predefined process.
- Understanding Your Customers – acts as a role model in personal approach to internal and external customer goals. Takes time to understand the underlying needs of the stakeholders beyond those initially expressed.
- Flexibility & Adaptability – Demonstrates understanding of how change impacts people. Anticipates resistance to change and works to support effective change initiatives.
- Building Effective Relationships – Is a role model for maintaining constructive and effective relationships with others across departments and other boundaries. Demonstrates effective communication techniques and skills and is seen as a team player.
- Communication & Listening – Exceptional communication skills – writes and speaks clearly in a variety of communication settlings and style.
- Successfully delivers messages to all levels of the business and stakeholders achieving the desired effect.