Warehouse Assistant / Clothes Sorter – SVP Warehouse – Blackrock Cork, St Vincent de Paul, Cork, €12.90 ph
St Vincent de Paul, Cork
As a Warehouse Operative (Clothes Sorter) you will work under the direction of the Order Fulfilment Centre (OFC) Manager and or the Team Leader in the Cork Warehouse in Blackrock.
The role is 3 days per week, starting at 7am each day.
· Candidates will be required to assist on an on-going basis in receiving, sorting, grading, categorising, storing and re-distributing donated and new goods as directed. Donated goods will be collected from and prepared for use by the Vincent’s charity shops and will include clothing, shoes, fashion accessories, household items, textiles, books, toys and collectibles. Candidates will be expected to maintain the highest standards of housekeeping and comply fully with SVP policy and procedures.
· Experience of working in a similar fast paced and physically demanding warehouse environment would be an advantage.
· Experience of working in the charity sector would be an advantage.
· Self-motivated, Enthusiastic, flexible and energetic person.
· The ability to work under pressure and on own initiative.
· Ability to maintain the highest standards of housekeeping.
· Ability to comply fully with SVP policy and procedures
· Understanding of best practice in the area of Manual Handling.
· Knowledge of high street fashions.
· Understanding of good health and safety practices
- Be physically fit
Why work with SVP?
- SVP Benefits
- 23 days annual leave for all staff; Additional day’s leave at 5, 10, 15 & 20 years, with a cap of 27 annual leave days.
- Pension: 5% employer and employee contribution with an option to increase to 7%.
- 2 discretionary days (Good Friday & Christmas Eve)
- Group discount for Hospital Saturday Fund (HSF)
- Paid Sick Leave (following probation period with entitlement increasing with length of service)
- Education Support for job relevant courses
- Paid Maternity & Paternity Leave (18 weeks full maternity leave pay for staff with more than 12 months service & 2 weeks full paternity leave pay for staff with more than 12 months service
- Life Appreciation Recognition: Additional one-off 5 days annual leave allocated in year that 25-, 30-, 35- & 40-years’ service achieved, plus €250 voucher
- Life Assurance – four times annual salary
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Christmas Voucher: €250 voucher for all staff (subject to terms of policy)
- Retirement: Staff with 10+ years’ service will receive a €250 voucher on retirement
- Sociable working hours, most shops are only open Monday to Saturday with no late nights
If you are interested in this position please apply online at www.svp.ie
St Vincent de Paul is an equal opportunity employer
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 21 per week
Salary: €12.90 per hour
- Day shift
- Is the location of Blackrock in Cork suitable for you?
- Do you have previous experience working for a charity, or a warehouse setting?
Application deadline: 11/10/2022
Expected start date: 01/11/2022