HSS Hire, Cork
Job reference: 004617
Employment type: Permanent Full Time
Division: HSS Hire – Ireland
Hours per week 45
At HSS Hire, the UK’s original and leading tool and equipment hire company, we make it easy for our customers to stay equipped, and we ensure our colleagues are equipped to have the career that they desire.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Transport Manager in our Cork location. You will provide a safe, compliant, and reliable delivery and collection service to our internal and external customers. There’s no paperwork! We have the technology to make your role easy with our company with brand-new delivery app technology. We also provide training across our product range and procedures.
Shifts are Monday to Friday 7am-4pm with alternating Saturdays 7am -12pm.
As a Transport Manager, you will take responsibility for managing your team in completing the tasks below:
- Managing our drivers to complete deliveries in a safe, compliant and efficient way
- Plan and organise the routing of deliveries and collections adhering to the businesses and our customer’s needs.
- Carrying out inspections to ensure the vehicle fleet is well maintained.
- Ensuring compliance with transport policies, procedures and legislation (Tachograph, Towing, ADR regulations) are followed at all times.
- Organising all records allowing swift management of Jobs per Vehicle, PDA usage and date times to exceed company transport performance targets.
What do you bring?
The successful driver will have:
- You’ll also need experience in working in a fast paced environment
- Managerial experience is beneficial, especially in a logistics setting
- We want someone with strong communication and organisational skills.
- A proactive and optimistic attitude.
- Someone with experience in working towards targets or KPIS’s
What do you get back?
- Competitive salary with access to our group pension to plan and save for your future
- Holiday allowance of 20 days increased to 25 days when you hit 5 years of service
- FREE Hire from our core range, with 50% off for friends and family
- Training and development – on our Learning Lab you will get the opportunity to continuously further your career and complete courses suited to your role
- Inclusive and innovative culture and great recognition including Long Service Awards and an Annual Survey where you can have your say and contribute to how we continue to improve
- Discounts and cashback on our benefits site with a huge range of purchases including days out, restaurants, gym memberships, shopping and lots more
- Life assurance is provided at twice your annual salary
- Full work wear and PPE provided with a full induction on entry to your new position, covering everything from Health and Safety to the ins and outs of your role
- Wellbeing and Healthcare support
At HSS, we prioritise inclusivity and diversity. This is why we are committed to attracting, recruiting and supporting candidates and colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds. This helps us to facilitate a rich mix of culture and experience across the entire Group, ensuring mental and physical wellbeing remain at the forefront of work force.