SuperValu, Cobh, Cork
Main purpose of the role:
Support the management team in all aspects of the operation of the store while gaining detailed experience in individual departments throughout the store.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- 1 years` experience in the retail industry is desirable
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word)
- Experience balancing cash/tills is desirable
- Experience with fresh food
- Excellent communication skills
- Good delegation skills
- Highly driven with a strong work ethic
- Commerciality and brand awareness
- Passion for grocery retail
- Thrive in a fast-paced working environment.
- Actively live SuperValu brand-values i.e. Genuine, Passion for Food, Vibrant, Committed, Innovative and Imaginative
- Set, monitor and achieve sales targets with the team on gross profit margin, net margin, waste and other KPIs as agreed with Store Manager
- Actively participate in all training and development initiatives, and performance assessments
- Merchandise and present the entire store to the highest standard at all times and in accordance with relevant store planograms and guidelines
- Implement planograms correctly and ensure the correct range is in place in store
– Gain competence with all aspects of supply procedures – ordering, delivery procedures, stock rotation and control procedures
- Manage such departments as are assigned to you
- Engage with new initiatives and embrace new ways of working.