Berkley Group, Cork
Technical Support Engineer – Cork, Ireland
A multinational company in Cork is now looking for a Technical Support Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis.
The main function of the Technical Support Engineer is to deliver the best possible support experience for this company’s enterprise customers.
- Act as a trusted advisor owning and solving customers’ technical issues.
- Give proactive technical assistance to customers on key products.
- Continually meet the expectations and requirements of customers.
- Get first-hand customer information and use it for improvements in products and services.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with customers and gain their trust and respect
- 2+ years of experience in Technical Support – particularly in the areas of information technology and/or security
- Understanding of Cyber Security landscape and emerging threats
- Experience with Microsoft Windows
- Experience with Linux Operating Systems
- Understanding of networks and network routing protocols and internet troubleshooting techniques (Routers, Switches, VPN, Intrusion Detections/Prevention, Firewall, Advanced Threat).
- Applicants must be based in Ireland with full right to work on application – no visa support on offer.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an established company as it expands its Irish operations There are career progression opportunities. This is a permanent full-time role with excellent salary and benefits package
Berkley Business & Technology is a specialist consultancy, recruiting professionals for organizations throughout Ireland, UK & Europe; for more information go to www.berkley-group.com.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: €50,000.00-€55,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- Private medical insurance
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Yearly bonus
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Cork, County Cork: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Are you an EU citizen or hold a relevant working Visa?