Chubb Fire & Security, Cork
Chubb now has an opportunity for a Technical Assistant in Cork. The main goal of this role is to assist the service technicians to effectively service/test clients fire alarms and systems by performing set out duties
Working Pattern – Monday – Friday 39hrs per week (Mon-Thurs 8.30am-5pm, Friday 8.30am -4.30pm)
- Support EH&S efforts of the Company and understand and comply with all EH&S Policies.
- Advise fellow employees when unsafe acts and/or conditions occur.
- Correct unsafe conditions, when possible, and refer unsafe situations to supervision for further action when the condition cannot be easily corrected.
- Report all occupational injuries, illnesses, environment spills or fire, regardless of severity, to management immediately.
- Report hazards which may result in an injury, illness, spill or fire to supervision.
- Assist service technician with daily service & maintenance calls and other duties including:
- Panel Testing
- Fault finding
- Output Testing
- Verification testing of Panel descriptions
- 2-way communication with engineer required
- Cleaning premises / working areas
- Adherence to documentation accuracy
What can we offer you?
- Excellent Salary
- 20 days holidays plus bank holidays
- Generous pension scheme
- Employee scholarship scheme
- Benefits Central Platform hosting employee reward and recognition initiatives and health and wellbeing resources
- Bravo Awards which recognise outstanding contributions from all employees and encourage excellence
- Physical ability to perform all requirements of the job
- Attention to detail
- Good people and communication skills
- General knowledge of Electronics and general use of hand tools
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
Chubb is a leading provider of fire safety and security solutions & services for customers worldwide. We have been protecting people and assets for over 200 years. Today, our 14,000 employees in 250 branches in 17 countries work to make the world safer, protect people and provide peace of mind. Our fire, security and monitoring services cover more than 1.3 million sites around the world.
We welcome applications from Technical Assistants or General Operatives who live within a commutable distance of Cork, Kinsale, Midleton, Mallow, Bantry