Summer Contract Housekeeping Assistant – Cork (Live-in Provided), CODE Hostel, Cork, €13 ph
CODE Hostel, Cork
About us: Destiny Student operates summer tourist accommodation in student buildings in cities around the UK & Ireland and have done for many years. We are a highly respected company in this sector and are known for our high standards throughout our business. Destiny Student provides value for money accommodation and friendly service to our customers. We occupy the buildings for the three months of summer and provide a pop up hotel/hostel service to tens of thousands of guests each year. We will also provide training for staff onsite so you will get hands on experience.
Contract: Temporary (Summer Period)
Employment: Full-Time, Live-in (accommodation provided)
Work Period: May 29th 2023-August 31st 2023
Working hours: 11am-7pm Contract: Zero Hour Contract c. 30+ hours per week.
Roles & Responsibilities
We are looking for experienced housekeepers!
- Shifts will include accurately taking care of our linen deliveries, stripping and making beds, as well as helping the team with the cleaning of rooms and bathrooms.
- You will also assist in the common areas cleaning and cleaning of kitchens.
- You will work as a team to clean all guest departures ready in time for guest arrivals.
Caring for the building
- Adhering to all Health and Safety policies for our team and our guests
- Ensuring doors are locked
- Reporting maintenance required
- Reporting lost & found
- Ensuring the common areas remain clean and tidy for our guests
- Feeding back any guest comments to the cleaning supervisor.
WHO YOU ARE
We’re looking for somebody as passionate as we are about making sure our high standards are maintained as the Destiny Student family grows.
- Be proactive and work autonomously with a “can do” attitude
- Show excellent attention to detail and drive for consistent high standards
- Have experience working within a busy hotel, hostel or similar environment
- Proven team player
- We are one of the largest summer accommodation operators in Edinburgh and Dublin and are highly respected for our abilities to deliver wonderful guest experiences. Come and be part of it! We have now expanded in to Oxford & Galway.
- We supply live in accommodation at most of our buildings, which is a great opportunity for candidates looking for a summer job.
- Enjoy access to city tours for free and enjoy company events.
We would like to see a CV, and a short and snappy covering email telling us why you are the person for us. Please also let us know your preference of city to work in too. We are expecting a high volume of applicants, and so we will only be able to contact those who have caught our eye and landed on the shortlist! Good Luck!!
Job Type: Fixed term
Contract length: 3 months
Salary: €12.00-€13.00 per hour
- Company events
- Employee discount
- Gym membership
- 8 hour shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Performance bonus
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Centre, Cork, CO. Cork: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- housekeeping: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: One location
Expected start date: 29/05/2023