Store Supervisor, Dealz, Cork
Want to join ‘Our Land’?
Dealz is one of the largest discount retailers. Our vision is to ‘create amazing value every day’ for our customers.
At the heart of our business are our amazing 18,000 colleagues in our stores, distribution centres, and customer support centres based in Walsall and Watford. We have fun, and we work hard with passion going that extra mile to succeed. We work at pace, and we are highly resilient.
Our Supervisors are an active part of our store management team by providing day to day support to our Store and Assistant Managers with the overall supervision of the store processes and procedures.
A day in the life of our Supervisors could mean opening or closing the store, managing shifts, delegating tasks, coaching and guiding our colleagues whilst ensuring we provide the best in town service to our customers, all alongside having fun.
They make our store environment welcoming and contribute towards a culture built on trust and respect. They are empowered to deliver the best service and experience for our customers and colleagues.
What your day will look like:
- Promoting the best experience for our customers
- Opening and closing the store
- Training, supporting and developing your colleagues
- Driving your own development
- Monitoring store standards and availability levels
- Dealing with deliveries
- Health and Safety checks
- Adhering to cash handling and security procedures
- Clearly communicating within the store at all levels
- Planning and organising yourself and others
You’ll need to be as flexible as possible in the hours you can work, we may require you to work shifts.
Poundland announced its expansion into the Republic of Ireland in August 2011. Poundland planned a move into Europe and chose the Republic Of Ireland as the first country to benefit from its famous ‘amazing value’ proposition.
A simple concept
The Dealz retailing concept is simple. We offer a wide range of products, including many well-known and local Irish brands for €1.50. In addition, there are several special promotions at key price points, such as €1 and 2 for €1.50.
The first two stores were opened in Blanchardstown and Portlaoise in September 2011. From there are on, we have continued to open more and more stores. The competitively priced, breadth and depth of range, top brands, and local Irish products have been extremely well received by customers.
Experience, sound systems and customer focus
It is undoubtedly the efficiency of our management systems, a wealth of buying and selling experience, and a flair for recognising the customer’s needs, which places the company ahead of other retailers in the sector. It is those same characteristics that guarantee Dealz a major role in the future of modern retailing.
We can offer you a range of benefits such as;
- An eight-week induction programme
- Discount Card – 10% discount on most purchases in-store, including PEP&CO
- Family-Friendly Benefits
- Loyal Service Awards
- My Staff Shop – exclusive discount portal
- Apprenticeships & Career Development
- Life Assurance Cover
- Health & Wellbeing – employee assistance programme to support you
- Holiday Allowance – increasing by one day per year (up to 33 days)