Store Manager, Poundland & Dealz, Cork
Poundland & Dealz, Cork
About the opportunity…
Grab your basket; there’s a lot more in store for you!
As a Store Manager, you are the face of our stores within the communities you serve. Your primary role is to lead your store teams to deliver excellent store standards and provide amazing service to our customers every day. You are accountable for delivering key performance indicators and driving the commercial performance of your business. Adaptable and working in a changing environment, you will motivate and inspire your team to achieve our retail plan.
Creating a safe environment for our colleagues and customers is paramount. You will be required to ensure compliance to our policies and procedures in your store. Supported by a store leadership team, you will have overall accountability for all store operations, customer service, shrink, and leadership processes.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive a high volume of applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.
What you’ll be doing as a Store Manager…
- Live and breathe our Customer High Five initiative
- Coaching and guiding our store colleagues to ensure excellent customer service is provided in every interaction with our customers with a friendly attitude that is welcoming and helpful
- Demonstrate commitment to the company values by putting our customers first through driving consistent service standards and compliance at all times through our colleagues
- Develop local customer knowledge and local competitor awareness
- Ensure business and area objectives are communicated to our colleagues, fully understanding their contribution to the overall area and regional targets
- Develop a store people plan in conjunction with your Area Manager, including succession plans, development plans and recruitment plans
- Deliver consistently high operational standards as measured by the Operational Capability Assessment (OCA) and where areas of opportunity are identified via the OCA, ensuring quick, effective action is taken to rectify issues
- Regularly review sales performance and ensure commercial decisions are made to drive sales and activities to improve this continually
- Understanding the KPIs on your store bonus scheme to deliver the expected targets
- Creating a safe place for our colleagues and customers through proactive management and compliance with all health & safety and legal requirements
What you’ll need as a Store Manager…
- Experience in managing operational teams
- Experience in delivering sales and inventory targets within a dynamic retail environment
- A proven track record of driving sales and compliance in retail stores
- Experience in leading teams through significant changes and new ways of working
- Strong commercial awareness
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with customers and colleagues
- A team player, hands-on manager who is self-motivated and resilient, with A positive and proactive outlook
- To be computer literate with experience working with Excel
What we offer…
- Competitive salary
- Potential to earn a bonus
- A twelve-week induction programme
- Apprenticeships and Career Development
- Discount Card – 10% discount on most purchases in-store, including PEP&CO
- Family-friendly benefits
- Loyal Service Awards
- My Staff Shop – exclusive discount portal
- Life Assurance cover
- Health & Wellbeing – employee assistance programme to support you
- Pension scheme
- Holiday Allowance – increasing by one day per year (up to 34 days), and ability to purchase additional holiday
Poundland announced its expansion into the Republic of Ireland in August 2011. Poundland planned a move into Europe and chose the Republic Of Ireland as the first country to benefit from its famous ‘amazing value’ proposition.
A simple concept
The Dealz retailing concept is simple. We offer a wide range of products, including many well-known and local Irish brands for €1.50. In addition, there are several special promotions at key price points, such as €1 and 2 for €1.50.
The first two stores were opened in Blanchardstown and Portlaoise in September 2011. From there are on, we have continued to open more and more stores. The competitively priced, breadth and depth of range, top brands, and local Irish products have been extremely well received by customers.
Experience, sound systems and customer focus
It is undoubtedly the efficiency of our management systems, a wealth of buying and selling experience, and a flair for recognising the customer’s needs, which places the company ahead of other retailers in the sector. It is those same characteristics that guarantee Dealz a major role in the future of modern retailing.
PEP&CO was also nominated in the 2019 Retail Week Awards as Private Label of The Year.
Sounds like you? apply today!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Up to €53,989.00 per year
Work Location: One location