Store Colleague – Full time, Woodie’s DIY, Turner’s Cross, Cork, €11.50 ph
Woodie's DIY, Turner's Cross, Cork
Woodie’s is the market-leading DIY, Home & Garden retailer in Ireland with 35 stores nationwide and an online presence. We are proud to be listed as Ireland’s Top Retailer by Great Places to Work and an official “Best Workplaces for Women” for the past three years! We are also recognised by the Irish Centre for Diversity & Inclusion as an accredited Investor in Diversity.
We have an opportunity to join our Cork (Turners Cross) team on a Permanent basis.
Our store colleagues provide every Woodie’s customer with an outstanding shopping experience through a helpful, friendly and knowledgeable approach. In this role, you will go above and beyond in order to help our customers complete their tasks, big or small.
Some key responsibilities of the role:
- Greeting all customers in store, advising customers on products suitable for their home project
- Friendly and helpful when interacting with our customers & other colleagues
- Merchandising products in-store, ensuring the sales floor is kept clean, tidy and safe for our colleagues and customers.
- Unloading of stock/deliveries.
- Checkouts duties including cash handling, assisting customer to their cars and ensuing the customer has everything they need.
- Supporting the Horticulturist in the Garden Center
- Fully available – 5 out of 7 days
- Passionate about customer service and working with teams in a retail environment
- Previous retail or customer service experience would be an advantage
Hours: 39 per week
Starting Salary: €11.50 per hour
Our benefits include:
- Company Pension
- Discounted Healthcare
- Paid Maternity & Parental leave
- Sick Pay Scheme
- Educational Assistance
- Bonus Scheme
- Colleague Discount
- Wellness initiatives
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Woodie’s! We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 30-39 per week
Salary: €11.50 per hour
- Day shift
- Weekend availability