Why engineering at Stryker?
At Stryker we are dedicated to improving lives, with a passion for researching and developing new medical device products. As an engineer at Stryker, you will be proud of the work that you will be doing, using cutting-edge technologies to make healthcare better. Here, you will work in a supportive culture with other incredibly talented and intelligent people, creating industry-leading medical technology products. You will also have growth opportunities as we have a culture that supports your personal and professional development.
Need another reason to apply? Check out these 8 reasons to join Stryker’s engineering team: https://www.strykercareersblog.com/post/8-reasons-to-join-strykers-engineering-team
Senior Project Engineer
Stryker Instruments Division offers a combination of market-leading cutting accessories for bone and tissue removal along with cutting edge Mako Robotic-Arm Assisted Technology.
The Advanced Operations team in Ireland are at the forefront of the development and launch of the next generation of Products to grow the Stryker Instrument Divisions and continue to provide our surgeons and patients with market leading products. Our vision is to help our customers rebuild lives.
Working with our Product R&D and Marketing partners to develop and launch the next wave of innovative products, the Advanced Operations team leverages cutting edge manufacturing technologies to bring these products to reality. The AO Engineers develop for example CNC and Laser manufacturing technologies, Metrology solutions, Packaging, Coating and finishing technologies to manufacture these products for our customers.
The Senior Project Engineer will be responsible for managing various project related activities for the introduction of multiple new products.
A knowledge of the design, development and validation of various packaging technologies would be of benefit for the role as would a knowledge in the validation of cleaning processes.
Talents we are looking for:
- Curious learners. People who seek out cutting-edge research and information to expand and enhance their ability to be ready for what’s next.
- Goal-oriented developers. Keeping the customer and requirements squarely in focus, people who deliver safe and robust solutions.
- User-focused creators. People who imagine with the user in mind, developing technology that helps change patients’ lives.
- Motivated product launchers. People who bring strategic direction and drive for execution to ensure products are developed and launched with precision.
- Analytical problem solvers. People who go beyond just fixing to identify root causes, evaluate optimal solutions, and recommend comprehensive upgrades to prevent future issues.
- Dedicated achievers. People who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will stop at nothing to ensure a project is complete and meets regulations and expectations.
Duties will include:
- Provide engineering support for new product and process introductions, ensuring that all activities are completed and documented in accordance with the Stryker new product development procedures.
- Project manage the introduction of new capital equipment and support the associated qualification and validation activities.
- Evaluate process layouts in terms of supporting new process integration while ensuring best utilisation of floor space ensuring optimum process flow.
- Ensure quality of process and product as defined in the appropriate operation and material specifications.
- Will assist in the selection of components and equipment based on analysis of specifications, reliability and regulatory requirements. Work with quality engineers to develop component specific testing and inspection protocols.
- Support capital acquisition activities.
- Participate in PFMEA, Control Plan, SOP and PPAP generation associated with product transfers and launches.
- Conduct MSA studies for new products and new processes.
- Provide training for manufacturing team members.
- Ensure adherence to GMP and safety procedures.
- Review and approval of validation documentation.
- All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications:
- B.S in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering discipline with 2 or more years’ experience
- Self-starter with demonstrated efficient work methods, analytical & problem solving skills and ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- The individual should enjoy working in a fast paced, dynamic and results orientated team environment.
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills – able to express ideas and collaborate effectively with multidisciplinary teams.
If you are interested in this excellent opportunity please click on apply TODAY!
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com