Sodexo, Ringaskiddy, Cork
As a Security Officers at Sodexo in Ringaskiddy, You’ll ensure the safety of our customers, staff, their buildings and assets. No two days are the same and your actions will make a big impact every day. Join Sodexo and be part of something greater. You belong in a team where you can act with purpose and thrive in your own way.
What you’ll do:
- Greet staff and visitors and ensure they adhere to the required security protocols
- Monitoring of CCTV, Access Control and other protective systems
- Act as a first line response to activations & incidents or fault reporting
- Log and transfer calls, relay messages and provide guidance and advice to visitors, clients, contractors and staff
- To carry out regular patrols throughout the shift
What you bring:
- Ability to interact with employees, contractors, consultants, visitors, and management as well as local police and fire authorities
- A full current driving license
- Excellent communication and awareness skills
- Experience in working in a similar role
- Knowledge of security techniques and site and local emergency procedures
What we offer:
Working with Sodexo is more than a job; it’s a chance to be part of something greater. You’ll belong in a company and team that values you for you; you’ll act with purpose and have an impact through your everyday actions; and you’ll be able to thrive in your own way. In addition, we also offer a range of resources, rewards and benefits for our colleagues and their families:
- Unlimited access to an online platform offering mental health and wellbeing support.
- An Employee Assistance Programme to help with everyday issues or larger problems where you may need additional support, including legal and financial advice, support with work related issues or personal issues such as bereavement.
- Access to a 24hr virtual GP Service
- The Sodexo Discounts Scheme, offering great deals 24/7 (also open to friends and family).
- Save for your future by becoming a member of the Mercer Aspire Pension Plan
- A death in Service benefit for colleagues who pass away whilst employed by Sodexo
- Opportunities to enable colleagues to grow and succeed throughout their career at Sodexo, including apprenticeships and a variety of learning and development tools.
- Bike to Work Scheme to help colleagues to do their bit for the environment whilst keeping fit.
Ready to be part of something greater? Apply today!
Sodexo reserves the right to close this advert early if we are in receipt of a high number of applications
About The Company
At Sodexo, our purpose is to create a better everyday for everyone to build a better life for all. As the global leader in services that improve the Quality of Life, we operate in 55 countries, serving over 100 million consumers each day through our unique combination of On-Site Food and FM Services, Benefits & Rewards Services and Personal & Home Services.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities. We encourage our employees to get involved with our Employee Networks such as Pride, Sodexo Working Parents, Sodexo Disability, So together, generations and origins. We have also launched Be Heard which is an employee network designed to bring black colleagues together (virtually) to bring about positive change.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
Click here to read more about what we do to promote an inclusive culture.
- Security Officer
- 4 days on / 4 days off
- 42 hours worked per week
- €12.90 per hour + Sodexo Benefits.
- Full uniform and training provided
- Free parking onsite
- 20 days annual leave increasing to 25 with service
- Free GP service
- Cycle to work scheme
- Life assurance
- Company pension scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Employee assistance program with counselling and life advice supports
- Family leave options
- Shopping Discounts
- Training, development, and progression opportunities
- Refer a friend scheme (Talent Spotters)
- Online Recognition Scheme (Reward Hub)