Are you passionate about providing excellent customer service in a fast paced environment?
If you are passionate about customer service and pride yourself in maintaining the highest standards, we would like to talk to you. You will be a vital part of a friendly, family culture where we trust and respect one another. Yes, we work hard, but it goes together with having fun. You will enjoy being part of a place where individuals are encouraged and supported to deliver something exceptional.
The shifts will be 9pm-7am and usually will be 3-4 times a week but will increase on lead up to Christmas.
This role comes with the opportunity to complete a Retailer Level 2 Apprenticeship.
What Your Day Will Look Like
As a Sales Assistant you will:
- Ensure excellent customer service is provided in every interaction with a customer ensuring you are friendly, welcoming and helpful
- Respond efficiently to till queues to ensure customer satisfaction at all times
- Process till transactions securely, quickly and accurately
- Deliver effective product availability, replenish stock as directed
- Work as part of the store team to create and maintain a fun and friendly environment
- Live the company values focussing on taking individual responsibility working towards team delivery
- Deliver accurate cash handling and till operational procedures
- Deliver store changes/promotions in a timely and precise way.
You will need to be flexible in the hours you can work. We may require you to work shifts.
What are the benefits?
- Discount Card – 10% discount on most purchases in-store, including PEP&CO
- Family-Friendly Benefits
- Loyal Service Awards
- My Staff Shop – exclusive discount portal
- Apprenticeships & Career Development
- Life Assurance Cover
- Health & Wellbeing – employee assistance programme to support you
- Holiday Allowance – increasing by one day per year (up to 33 days)
From one store in Burton-upon-Trent in 1990 to more than 850 across the UK and the Republic of Ireland today, Poundland & Dealz has developed a reputation for offering top brands and quality own-brand products at an amazing value. We sell everything from food and drink to DIY, pet products to stationery, not forgetting our very own fashion brand, PEP&CO. We have recently invested £45 million in the business, opened new stores and revamped existing ones. We’re on an exciting journey, and you can be a part of it.
We’re part of a much larger group in Europe called Pepco which has 3,000 stores in 17 territories serving 50 million shoppers, and the size of our business means there are so many opportunities for you to come and join us. From our retail stores to our support and distribution centres, everywhere you see Poundland and Dealz, you’ll find passionate and knowledgeable colleagues delivering amazing service to our customers. Once you’re part of our family, we’ll give you everything you need to be the best you can be, from training to coaching and mentoring. Our seven core values and seven leadership principles steer how we do business. They give us the building blocks to create a culture where everybody thrives, and sustainability is at the top of our agenda.