Sales Assistant Full Time, JD Sports, Cork
JD Sports, Cork
Established in 1981 with a single store in the Northwest of England, the JD Group is a leading omni-channel retailer of Sports Fashion, Outdoors and Gyms with over 60,000 colleagues and over 3,400 stores across several retail fascias in over 30 markets around the world.
JD Sports Fashion Plc was listed on the London Stock Exchange in 1996 and has been a FTSE100 publicly quoted company since 2019 and continues to grow in the UK and internationally.
We want to be the leading global omnichannel retailer in the sports and outdoor industry. To be a part of this successful company and help us to achieve this you will have the desire to ingrain our strategic goals of being a people-led, innovative and customer-focused organisation which provides operational excellence whilst identifying new areas of growth as part of our day to day objectives.
Being part of Team JD you will be responsible for ensuring our customers receive the best possible service each time
they visit your store. You will assist in maximising store profitability by exceeding your sales targets and utilising the
in-store devices, while contributing to a successful store team.
- Greet all customers in a warm, genuine and friendly manner.
- Ensure that customers receive the best possible service every time that they enter a JD store.
- Understand the process of the Customer Service measuring programme.
- Drive sales, ensuring that targets are achieved and, where possible, exceeded.
- Utilise the in-store devices, offering the customer the whole product range.
- Provide alternatives and add on sales at every opportunity.
- Assist in maintaining standards on the shop floor.
- Keep stock clean and presentable at all times.
- Replenish stock levels when needed, making sure the full size range is on the shop floor where possible.
- Ensure that product is priced correctly.
- Keep all displays up to date.
- To deputise for other staff, work within departments, or carry out other duties as required.
- Represent JD Sports in the most professional manner at all times.
- Conduct your work in a safe and responsible manner.
Skills, Experience & knowledge needed
- Strong Communication skills
- Confident & Outgoing
- Effective selling skills
We know our employees work tirelessly to make JD Sports the success it is today and in turn, we offer them some amazing benefits:
- Holiday Allowance
- Staff Discount On JD Group and other brands within the organisation
- Pension Scheme – Depending on level of role
- Personal development opportunities to learn and develop at work.
Due to the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it takes time to review them all. If you don’t hear back within two weeks of you applying, please consider your application to have been unsuccessful on this occasion
Applications that meet the skills criteria will be contacted for a 1st stage meeting with the talent team. Shortlisted candidates will then be invited to interview with the hiring manager.
Thank you again for your time.