Retail Sales Assistant, Dairygold Cooperative, Cork
Dairygold Cooperative, Cork
Dairygold Co-Op Superstores is a leading supplier of hardware, homewares and farm inputs in the Munster region, providing customers with quality, competitively priced products & unrivalled service.
Co-Op Super Stores are seeking to hire an experienced retail sales professional with a base location of Fermoy Co Cork.
The Society are looking for a retail sales assistant to cover many stores/branches in the East and Mid Cork Region. If you are someone who likes variety than this is the role for you!
You will be expected to travel between stores for relief cover. This is a 39 hour contract and mileage and lunch expenses are covered when travelling from your base!
- Competitive Salary
- Competitive Pension Plan
- Annual Bonus
- Mileage and Meal Allowance
- Healthcare Contribution
- Competitive Overtime Financial Benefits (over 39 hours)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Long Service Awards
- Full Training Programme
- Development Opportunities
Core responsibilities for this role include:
- Delivering best in class service to our customers including expert advice on our products.
- Dealing with all customer queries including telephone queries, in an efficient and professional manner.
- Restocking display areas on a regular basis to ensure product availability at all times.
- Maintaining the highest standards of store presentation and cleanliness including shop floor, garden centre and display areas.
- Managing point of sale processes, including cash, card & credit transactions.
- Adhering to policies and procedures for the security of cash and merchandise.
- Participating in regular stock taking including daily cycle counting and stock counts.
- Flexibility across a range of departments.
- Product coding, pricing and updating of prices on goods for re-sales.
- Adherence to all Society policies & procedures, Health & Safety procedures and reporting of any hazards to the Branch Management.
Candidates for this position should have:
- Previous relevant experience in retail is desired for this role.
- Agricultural/Builders’ Providers knowledge is advantageous.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- A keen customer focus
- An ability to work on own initiative
Dairygold Co-Operative Society Limited is an equal opportunities employer.