Make yourself at home
It takes a whole lot of passion to be at the centre of what makes a house feel like home — and that’s just what we do at DFS. We’re the leading sofa retail specialist in the UK, helping people find a comfy seat on their great quality sofas since 1969.
We’re a market leader in the UK because of one thing: our people. Our people made us who we are and will drive us into our ambitious future, together. We offer incredible opportunities to get stuck into fun and meaningful work as well as learn new skills — so you can really ‘find your thing’.
Are you ready to make yourself at DFS?
A bit about the role
Our Retail Sales Advisors use their passion for both our products and providing a great service to support our customers in a genuine and friendly way.
Working together with your close-knit team, you’ll be the face of your store, taking the time to understand a bit about your customers: their inspirations, individual styles and lifestyles to help them find exactly what they need from us.
So you can give them the best advice, you’ll become a DFS expert: knowing everything about our range from how firm or squishy each of our sofas is, to our selection of fabrics and leathers in detail. Your customer-first attitude will help you reach your individual sales targets and contribute to the success of your team too.
As for your lifestyle, we want to help you feel supported and ready to give your best, so we offer a variety of flexible shift patterns to help you find a great balance in your work.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for 2 Retail Sales Advisors to join us on 20 hour contracts!
Our Retail Sales Advisors are key members of our successful store teams — supporting our customers and each other. So we’re looking for open and approachable people to join our team.
You’ll use your natural enthusiasm and passion to bring our products to life, demonstrating great customer service to ensure that our customers’ homes look incredible for years to come.
We’re looking for people who have:
- An engaging, positive and friendly personality
- An entrepreneurial, self-starter attitude — comfortable working both as a team and independently
- A natural flair for connecting with customers and learning about their needs
- Great attention to detail — you’ll be ordering furniture that is handmade to your customer’s specifications
- The commitment to delivering a great customer experience
We’re in your corner
- We want you to really feel at home at DFS, with the support you need to do your best work, as well as a range of great benefits:
- Retail Bonus Scheme
- A huge 30% colleague discount, plus 15% friends & family discount across our Group (DFS, Sofology, Dwell)
- Holiday allowance – the time you need to rest and relax (and the longer you’re with us, the more time you’ll get!)
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave to give you the time you need to settle in with your new family member
- Access to a range of high street & online discounts from: Sainsbury’s, ASOS, Currys PC World, IKEA, John Lewis and more.
- Discounted Gym and Cinema memberships to help you unwind
- Progression and Development opportunities to grow your skills
- Group Pension Scheme
- Group Sharesave Scheme
- Life Assurance & Company Sick Pay
Ready to make yourself at DFS? Click ‘Apply online’ now to fill in an application form — with you in our corner, we just know we’ll do great things together.
[All roles are subject to satisfactory references and DBS check.]
We’re an equal opportunities employer
We’re a family of individuals passionate about building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We love to celebrate and encourage our people to be their true selves. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital state, or disability status. Everyone is welcome!