Restaurant Host/Hostess, The SpitJack, Cork
The SpitJack, Cork
The SpitJack Host/Hostess is the first person to greet our guests at the door. Therefore, you are expected to be well presented, and to treat the guests in a friendly and professional manner. The main purpose of this role to greet and seat guests, while organising and maintaining all reservations in an effective and efficient manner.
The Host/Hostess must be proactive in reviewing all upcoming reservations, managing any special requests, along with generating new reservations, via telephone, email or in person. Organisation and communication are keys skills for this role, as well as the ability to multitask.
- 29 days holiday including public holidays.
- Exceptional gratuities and tips.
- Industry leading staff food policy; order a free dish and a hot beverage straight from the customer menu when on duty.
- Dine at The SpitJack with a friends and family and enjoy a 50% discount. In both restaurants in Cork and Limerick.
- Partial uniform is provided.
- Flexi and Part-Time schedules available to suit your needs.
- Increased pay rates on Sundays and Bank Holidays.
- Opportunity for career growth through internal promotions.
- Dedicated learning manager with access to over 1000 e-learning courses.
- Advanced online training programs and the opportunity for all employees to advance to our management training program.
- Annual staff Christmas party.
- City centre location, with easy access to public transport.
Person Specification Required:
- Ability to provide warm, friendly and efficient service
- Must have an exceptional grasp of the English language in both spoken and written
- Must be standards driven and detail-orientated
- Excellent communication skills
- Maintain exceptional levels of customer service and evaluate customer service levels with a focus on continuous improvement
- Must be able to maintain composure under extreme pressure
- Must be able to multi task confidently
- Must be very confident with using cloud based computer systems and have an ability to work with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Able to use all social media channels and the ability to post regular updates on behalf of the restaurant
The Ideal Candidate:
- 1 year experience in a similar establishment
- 1 year reception or administration experience
- Fluent in English, second language an advantage
- Available to work 40 hours per week
- Have full permission or hold a valid visa to work in the EU