Relief Shop Manager, Society of Saint Vincent de Paul, Cork, €16.32 ph
Society of Saint Vincent de Paul, Cork
Salary range: €16.32 p/hr
Experience: 3 Years retail experience
Closing date: Tue, 28 Feb 2023
SVP is a large, national, voluntary organisation with extensive experience of working with a diverse range of people who experience poverty and exclusion. Through its network of over 12,000 volunteers and 700 staff, it is strongly committed to working for social justice and advocates the creation of a more just and caring society. SVP employs people to support volunteers in a variety of settings including housing, community care, shops, administration, and other specialist areas.
We are currently looking to recruit a creative, self-motivated Relief Shop Manager who is passionate about customer service and being part of an organisation that makes a difference in the local community. Our stores have a huge range of stock on display which can include furniture, clothing and bric-a-brac which will bring variety in each sale. The ideal candidate will have solid retail experience and a proven track record in achieving targets by setting high standards.
This role is a permanent position with a minimum of 12 hours per week providing short term management cover for any of our shops in the Southwest Region which includes the county Cork. This is a great opportunity to join one of Ireland’s largest voluntary organisations and make a difference in your community.
- Minimum Leaving Certificate level
- At least 3 years in a customer facing retail environment
- Experience of managing / working with a diverse team of people
- Experience of independent working and also working as part of a team
- Experience of providing and analyzing sales reports
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal, in individual and group situations
- An ability to establish and foster excellent working relationships with many different people across different functions and locations
- Excellent organization skills
- Competent in IT packages – Excel, Word, EPOS, Microsoft 365
- A positive outlook with resilience and persistence in the face of barriers and setbacks
- An ability to display empathy, patience and a well-developed sense of humor
- Commercially aware
Why work with SVP?
Pension: 5% employer and employee contribution with an option to increase to 7%.
Group discount for Hospital Saturday Fund (HSF)
Education Support for job relevant courses
Life Appreciation Recognition: Additional one-off 5 days annual leave allocated in year that 25-, 30-, 35- & 40-years’ service achieved, plus €250 voucher
Employee Assistance Programme
Retirement: Staff with 10+ years’ service will receive a €250 voucher on retirement
Appointment is subject to satisfactory references. Canvassing will not be accepted and may lead to disqualification. Due to the large volume of applications, we are not in the position to provide individual feedback to candidates who are not shortlisted.
SVP is an Equal Opportunities Employer