Production Supervisor, Boston Scientific Corporation, Cork
Boston Scientific Corporation, Cork
Boston Scientific’s hybrid workplace includes remote and onsite roles. By applying to this position, you will have the opportunity to discuss your preferred working location with your Talent Acquisition Specialist.
- Location: Cork
- Req Number: 560636
- Shift: Days or Nights
- Contract type: Permanent
At Boston Scientific, we draw the strength from the unique talents and abilities inherent in a diverse workforce and we believe that the best and most innovative products come from an inclusive workplace where varied viewpoints are welcomed and encouraged. If you require accommodation during the recruitment process please do not hesitate to contact a member of the Talent Acquisition team for a confidential discussion.
Diversity – Innovation – Caring – Global Collaboration – Winning Spirit – High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information and training, we’ll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you’ll be supported in progressing – whatever your ambitions.
To provide support to Production area to which they are assigned.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- People management – supervision of production teams to ensure targets for quality/service/costs are achieved. This will be achieved through the application of an empowering style of leadership which draws fully on resources and capabilities of the team coupled with a positive Employee Relations approach.
Essentially this will embrace the following:
- Providing timely feedback and review, and ensuring all performance issues are dealt with in a constructive and prompt manner.
- Consistently applying BSC policies.
- Ensuring that all employees are treated with the fairness and respect due to them.
- Facilitating open two-way communications regarding individual, team and company performance through weekly team meetings, daily interaction on the line and updating of on-line notice-board.
- Liaising with line trainer to develop a training program to ensure smooth operation of department, development of product builders, health & safety of personnel.
- Employee selection and hiring.
- Planning – including developing /maintaining a viable plan incorporating hiring, training, capacity-modelling, efficiency/yield assumptions, ramp-rate, learning-curve etc.
- Liaising with warehousing, quality assurance, bulk-packaging and other relevant parties to ensure prompt shipment of product.
- Maintaining GMP / Housekeeping at a high level within the department through the involvement of all team members.
- Interacting and liaising with the other manufacturing teams and Logistics to prioritise backorders.
- Managing process and material flows, space management, and working with the Engineering group to maximise utilisation of space designated for specific operations area.
- Administration duties which include Time and Attendance system, Holiday planning etc
- Provide leadership and direction for the advancement of Lean Manufacturing
- Establish and support a work environment of continuous improvement that supports BSC’s Quality Policy, Quality System and the appropriate regulations for the area they support. Ensure employees are trained to do their work and their training is documented.
Education & Experience:
- Preference of a level 7 qualification in a relevant discipline such as Engineering/Science/Production Mgt.
- Excellent Planning & organising skills are essential for this role.
- Metrics and Continuous improvement experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrated ability to motivate and engage with teams.
- Experience of managing a team.
Purpose and Passion – Comprehensive Benefits – Life-Work Integration – Career Growth
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we’re solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we’re one global team committed to making a difference in people lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose – improving lives through your life’s work.
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you’re looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there’s no better place to make it happen.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Disability, Veteran
Job Segment: Production Manager, Industrial, Recruiting, Quality Assurance, QA, Manufacturing, Human Resources, Technology, Quality