Production Operator, Stryker, Cork
Act as a member of the Wright Ireland Production Team. Execute manufacturing activities in line with Company SOP’s and work instructions to ensure that product is manufactured to the desired quality standards in the interest of patient safety. Work in empowered teams which deliver on key business performance metrics. Initiate and participate in projects in order to contribute to continuous improvements. Essential Job Functions: list the core job functions, including specific local responsibilities and geographical scope.
- Ensure manufacturing activities are completed in a manner which will not compromise the health and safety of employees and visitors to the Wright Medical site.
- Develop, demonstrate and maintain technical proficiency in the relevant manufacturing activities (facilitated through on-site training).
- In co-ordination with Production Supervisors, plan, schedule and monitor manufacturing activities in the relevant manufacturing cell(s)/team(s).
- Process product in line with documented Standard Operating Procedures and Work / Process Instructions in a manner which ensures that required standards on EHS, GMP, GDP, Housekeeping (5S Standard) as well as Compliance are proactively maintained at all times.
- Promote operational excellence and drive continuous improvement in all relevant manufacturing related activities.
- Liaise with Production Supervisors and other departments regarding application of manufacturing instructions and quality standards.
- Monitoring of business metrics on EHS, Quality, and Operations in the relevant manufacturing team(s)/ cell(s) to ensure optimum efficiencies/effectiveness against production plans on a shift/daily and weekly basis.
- Demonstrate proficiency to meet EHS, Quality and Production requirements/targets and take ownership for resolving issues within the cell / team when possible. Escalate issues which cannot be resolved within the Cell/Team.
- Ensure maintenance activities are completed as scheduled.
- Demonstrate a flexible willingness to cross-train and operate on multiple, diverse processes / products within the business.
- Undertake training / development / validation activities and facilitate training for trainees as required to ensure business needs are met.
- Continually strive to develop and maintain lean manufacturing processes and support implementation of continuous improvements to minimize wastes in all parts of the business.
- Demonstrate flexibility by transitioning between cells/teams/work shifts as required, in order to meet current and anticipated business needs under the site strategy.
- Demonstrate acceptable levels of work attendance, punctuality, vacation management and willingness to be available to work overtime as required to meet current and anticipated business needs.
- Demonstrate competent numerical, literacy, mechanical and spatial skills as required.
- Role model Company Values and site Ideal Behaviours.
- Support basic problem solving activities within the cell / area as required.
- Remain updated on site communications including but not limited to Email, All Employee Meetings and Communication Screens/Boards