Collins McNicholas Recruitment, Cork
We have partnered with one of Ireland’s leading chemical manufacturers, Biocel, as they grow their team in Little Island, Cork. This is a permanent day’s role (07.30 am-16.00) located a 10-minute walk from the train station. Previous experience in working with chemicals/ingredients/liquids is preferred. The Production Operator will be responsible for:
- Complying with company quality policies and procedures.
- Following manufacturing work instructions.
- Transferring raw materials in and out of the food plant.
- Feeding raw materials and processing agents into plant machinery.
- Setting controls and operate machinery.
- Checking instruments and equipment to ensure correct operation and attend to any abnormal operating conditions.
- Taking samples for testing and record process data.
- Liaising with QC laboratory and provide Samples of in process and finished product as required.
- Patrols and inspects equipment to ensure proper operation and sets operating controls on equipment.
- Controls the preparation, measuring and feeding of raw material and processing agents and filtering media into plant.
- Collect product samples and readings and records test data.
- Controls records of production, quantities transferred and details of blending and pumping operations.
- Checks equipment for malfunctions and arranges maintenance.
- Controls equipment that performs batch processes.
- Hard working
- Enjoy practical and manual activities
- Forklift licence would be an advantage
- Able to work as part of a team and independently
- Able to follow written instructions
- Good communication and numeracy skills
- Able to cope with the physical demands of the job
- Previous experience in food industry an advantage
- Mechanical aptitude
- Good problem-solving and analytical skills
- Aptitude for working with computers
- Good hand-eye coordination
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aisling Lane on (021) 4320675
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: €15.00-€17.50 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Little Island, CO. Cork: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Ireland (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 13/11/2023