Dell Technologies, Cork
Production Operations Associate
Dell Technologies is ground-breaking at every level: in our design rooms, sales teams, marketing and in our factories. As the primary logistics contact internally, Production Operations steers the daily workflow activities within the factory, managing operations processes and people to achieve a quality output. Focused on achieving the required level of production on an hour-to-hour, daily, monthly and yearly basis, we oversee the planning, development, implementation and maintenance of manufacturing methods, processes and operations. To do this, we work with a range of internal teams, including Operations, Logistics, Distribution and IT.
Join us to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact as a Production Operations Associate on our Production Operations team in Cork
What you’ll achieve
As a Production Operations Associate, you will be part of the Manufacturing Team with responsibility for building, testing, and shipping product per the customer’s requirements to world class quality standards
- Complete board and chassis assembly in a Progressive Conveyor Line Assembly Operation
- Perform quality inspections on product shipping to customers
- Pack out chassis for shipment to customers
- Perform other product assembly tasks from disk drive to rack level assembly
- Kit, move and validate material in a manufacturing operation
- Leverage Innovation and Continuous Improvement tools to make process improvements
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Work effectively as part of a team, ability to independently own and manage multiple concurrent tasks
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing processes including Picking, Kitting, Build, Inspection and Packaging processes
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, a self-starter and deadline-driven with a strong attention to detail, and a keen interest in learning and development
- Computer skillset to efficiently utilize manufacturing systems and capability to interpret and follow online work instructions
- Good understanding of inventory control processes and principles
- Manufacturing Board Assembly and/or Quality Inspection experience
- >2 years Manufacturing experience
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life – while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Application closing date: Tuesday 20th December
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.