Pharmacy Technician, O’Sullivans Pharmacy Group, Cork
O'Sullivans Pharmacy Group, Cork
We are hiring for a Permanent Pharmacy Technician for our Bishopstown store in Cork.
This position is open to a Fully Qualified Technician or an Experienced Pharmacy
Sales Staff member who would like to train as a Technician.
The position is ideally 4/5 days a week depending on what the candidate would prefer.
The hours are ideally 9am to 6pm, with alternative Saturdays with no late nights and no Sundays or Bank Holidays.
- Receive written prescriptions and verify that information is complete and accurate.
- Maintain proper storage and security conditions for drugs. Ensure all drugs are fit for supply and in date. Stock must be regularly checked to identify expired or short dated stock and dealt with according to company procedures.
- Answer telephones, responding to questions or requests.
- To accurately and efficiently dispense medication is accordance to with the prescribers and pharmacists wishes.
- File prescriptions that have been filled.
- Clean, and help maintain equipment and work areas.
- To accept and dispose of returned medicines in a safe and environmentally responsible way.
- Establish and maintain patient profiles, including lists of medications taken by individual patients.
- Be fully conversant with ordering procedures related to the dispensary and maintain adequate stock levels through accurate stock figures and order placement with suppliers.
- Receive and store incoming supplies, verify quantities against invoices, and inform supplier of shortages
- Mix extemporaneous preparations according to prescribers and pharmacists instructions.
- To be fully conversant with any necessary paperwork and procedures required to process the HSE end of month claim.
- To fully comply with all company policies and procedures.
- To strive to exceed customers expectations and always place the customers needs before their own.
Please apply before 31st of March 2023
- Company events
- Company pension
- Employee discount
- Store discount
- 8 hour shift
Please apply before 31st of March
Expected start date: 17/04/2023