Pfizer Ringaskiddy Engineering recruitment
We will consider applicants from a mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, chemical, process and marine engineering background .
Ringaskiddy API site in Cork plays a critically strategic role within Pfizer, it is the global site for new small molecule API products through scale up and launch, as well as manufacture of large volume patented and off-patent medicines. Colleagues on the site use state of the art equipment and leading-edge technology, as well as work collaboratively with Research and Development to provide the highest quality innovative products to the market.
About the Roles
We are recruiting for Mechanical and Electrical Engineers to join our diverse Ringaskiddy API engineering team .We will also consider applicants from an instrumentation and marine engineering background .
Whether you are involved in the design and development of manufacturing processes for products or supporting capital projects, engineering support is vital to making sure customers and patients have the medicines they need, when they need them. Working with our innovative engineering team, you will help bring medicines to the world even faster by imagining what is possible and taking action.
The following is an overview of the role responsibilities:
- You will be working with Pfizer’s dynamic and diverse engineering team, where you will play a critical part in providing technical and business support to engineers on a variety of technical tasks.
- The key areas of responsibility for the engineering role are supporting capital projects, operations and engineering function within a designated production area.
- Contribute to the completion of projects, manage own time to meet agreed targets, develops plans for short-term work activities on own projects.
- Work with the area Engineering team leader to ensure safety and quality compliance in all aspects of operations and engineering site wide.
- Work with the area engineering team to establish robust process and systems that ensure equipment up time and maximise manufacturing output.
- Develop technical and operational standards and provide routine equipment technical support and troubleshooting for resolution of manufacturing issues.
- Engage with teams to agree on the process for work prioritization.
- Lead and own weekly team meetings and develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Support and look to continuously optimise plant and minimize lifecycle cost.
- Provide technical expertise to operations and engineering within area of responsibility.
- Lead Right First Time Method 1 investigations.
- Support operational campaign Startups.
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Instrumentation, Marine, Chemical, process Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Ideally 3+ years of demonstrated experience in Good Manufacturing Practices
- Experience in leading and working in cross functional teams.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills in line with our Pfizer values of Courage, Excellence, Equity and Joy.
- Have demonstrated problem solving abilities and innovation capabilities.
- Have a strong customer focus with experience in managing budgets.
- Strong documentation skills in terms of ALCOA, reports and drawings.
- Relevant pharmaceutical experience
- Knowledge of site operations.
What We Offer?
- Permanent contract positions with Competitive Salary plus Bonus Schemes, Healthcare for you and your family, Pension and Share Scheme, Long Term Income Protection and Life Assurance.
- Ringaskiddy is close to Cork City and offers onsite gym, health & wellness programs, employee development programs, free parking, subsidized canteen and many more benefits for you to enjoy!
In order to be considered for this position in Ireland you need to be legally eligible to work in Ireland.
Please note there is no relocation support available for this position
How to apply
Make a difference today, all suitable candidates should apply with CV below. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Breakthroughs that change patients’ lives… At Pfizer we are a patient centric company, guided by our four values: courage, joy, equity and excellence. Our breakthrough culture lends itself to our dedication to transforming millions of lives.
Digital Transformation Strategy
One bold way we are achieving our purpose is through our company wide digital transformation strategy. We are leading the way in adopting new data, modelling and automated solutions to further digitize and accelerate drug discovery and development with the aim of enhancing health outcomes and the patient experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce is crucial to building a successful business. As an employer, Pfizer is committed to celebrating this, in all its forms – allowing for us to be as diverse as the patients and communities we serve. Together, we continue to build a culture that encourages, supports and empowers our employees.