Part-time Receptionist, Griffith College, Cork
Griffith College, Cork
Job Title: Receptionist
Reports to: Deputy Head
Hours: 20 hours per week
Job type: Permanent Part Time
· First point of contact over the phone and in person for all students, staff, part time lecturers and visitors to Griffith College Cork
· Ensure a high level of customer service and professionalism at all times
· Assist students, staff, part time lecturers and visitors with enquiries
· Deal with telephone or email queries and direct clients appropriately
· Maintain good communication channels through the use of the communication tools provided
· Direct complaints to the appropriate member of staff
· Promote positive working relationships with colleagues and other campuses within the College
· Provide administrative support to staff members
· Log and follow up on maintenance/housekeeping issues and liaise with the appropriate personnel
· Retain adequate levels of stationary and utility supplies and order as necessary
· Collect and direct mail accordingly
· Keep office in tidy and orderly manner at all times
· Provide ad hoc support to colleagues as required
· Responsible for room bookings on room booking software system
Health and Safety:
· Be aware of the current health and safety regulations pertaining to the campus
· Ensure all safety aspects are compiled with in relation to fire safety
· Report accidents or incidents to the Head of Campus
· Record details concerning mishaps, complaints or defects which are reported
· Assist in the implementation of fire drills
· To adhere to Griffith College Cork policies at all times
· To embrace and support any changes in technology and to assist in the implementation and operation of these changes
· To perform such other duties appropriate to the post as may be assigned from time to time by the line manager or a nominee
This job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and will be amended in the light of the changing environment within the Department and the College.
About Griffith College
Established in 1974, Griffith College is Ireland’s largest independent third level institution with locations in Dublin, Cork and Limerick. The main campus is situated on seven acres within a mile of St. Stephen’s Green on Dublin’s South Circular Road. Griffith College enjoys national and a growing international reputation for student success. The College has gained an enviable, award winning reputation for providing students with first class lectures and excellent study material. Griffith College offers internationally recognised postgraduate and undergraduate degree programmes, complimented by a wide range of professional, short term and corporate training educational solutions – in Griffith college, there is something for everyone. Today there are over 7,000 students studying in the College, which is a designated educational institute of the Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI). Click the link for more information. http://www.griffith.ie/
‘Empowering learners to achieve their career and life potential’
Why work for Griffith College?
- Competitive salary package.
· Funding support for continued professional and academic development.
- Bike to work scheme.
- Tax saver travel scheme.
- Paid annual leave and public holidays.
· Opportunity for continued training development and support.
- Free parking facilities.*
- Onsite subsidised restaurant.*
- Stunning historical premises.
- Vibrant multidisciplinary and multicultural learning environment.
· Innovative and agile place to work.
- Welcoming environment committed to learner and staff development.
- *Dublin campus on South Circular Road.
This job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline of proposed areas of activity and will be amended in the light of the changing environment within the Faculty and the College.
Griffith College is an equal opportunities employer. Candidates must be eligible to work full-time for any employer in Ireland. We thank everyone for their applications, however, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Cork, CO. Cork: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- English (preferred)
Work Location: One location