Maldron Hotel, Shandon, Cork
Night Porter – Maldron Hotel Shandon Cork City
Dalata Hotel Group are seeking a Night Porter for an exciting opportunity within Maldron Hotel Shandon Cork City.
Objective of the Role
To assist the Night Manager throughout the night shift in relation to hotel and guest security, reception duties as well as maintaining the agreed standards of cleanliness throughout the hotel.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Check in and out hotel guests as required as well as assisting with guest requests in relation to luggage/porterage.
- Responsible for the cleaning of areas in the hotel including, but not restricted to lobby, back office, stairways, restaurant and bar floor, public and staff areas and the meeting room floor.
- Responsible for cleaning other areas as directed by manager on duty and also as per nightly checklist which may include set up of function rooms, breakfast area etc.
- Responsibility for the front entrance and outside of the hotel and ensure that it is clean and tidy at all times. This includes emptying bins, picking up rubbish etc.
- To have a full understanding of the hotels’ fire procedures to ensure safety of all staff and guests at all times.
- The ideal candidate will have experience in work in hospitality.
- The ability to work on their own initiative, as well as being capable of working as part of a team.
- A warm, friendly and approachable personality when dealing with fellow staff and guests.
The company provides amazing staff benefits: –
- Free staff meal on duty
- Staff Discounted on hotel rooms
- Excellent training opportunities
- Excellent career opportunities
About our culture:
Dalata Hotel Group – Ireland’s largest hotel group has a number of exciting positions on the horizon. As Dalata continues to grow and expand in Ireland and the UK it’s more important than ever to have the right team alongside us, in the near future we will be opening the doors of new hotels creating many jobs and investing millions in the Irish and UK economy.
We lead through our Dalata values of “Our People, Our Fairness, Our Service and Our Individuality”. If you have the right attitude and energy you will have great opportunities to progress within the group. Our company is a place where you can do great things – individually and as a team. You will have the opportunity to develop your talent, be recognised and rewarded for your commitment and pursue a fulfilling career. We also have a number of unique and recognised training programmes to aid your professional and personal development and pride ourselves on creating an objective, supportive and fair working environment for our employees.
Dalata Hotel Group Plc is an Equal Opportunities Employer.