NDT / Inspection Trainee, IPEC Inspection, Cork, €16 ph
IPEC Inspection, Cork
NDT / Inspection Trainee
IPEC Inspection Ltd. is a leading NDT / Inspection provider in Ireland, looking to recruit an trainee to be based at our Cork office.
Non-destructive testing (NDT) is an engineering science-based profession that requires competent NDT Operators to inspect materials, welds, components or other items to verify their integrity under managed supervisory conditions. NDT Operators may perform inspections within manufacturing processes, often in production line environments and with high product volumes, typically, but not exclusively, using simple methods. Inspections apply to a single NDT inspection method, within manufacturing, in-service inspection or specialised applications such as NDT equipment development.
What we would like to give you;
Competitive salary, transport allowance & ongoing training & development opportunities.
Knowledge & Skills gained through our apprenticeship;
Knowledge – understanding of;
Health & safety knowledge pertinent to the specific requirements of the relevant NDT method In-depth knowledge of one NDT method to include its capabilities and limitations.
An awareness of other NDT methods of inspection and their general capabilities/limitations.
The knowledge required for the assessment of defects against acceptance/rejection criteria (required by standards).
Relevant sector-specific technology, quality aspects and working practices, such as inductions and confidentiality.
Material and product technology associated with the specific industry sector.
Develop an understanding of the consequences of failure and the risk to life.
Skills – the ability to;
Demonstrate health & safety competencies pertinent to the relevant NDT method, such as working at heights, in confined spaces and in restricted zones.
Carry out inspections using one NDT method, which would include;
- Revealing defects present on the external surface of the test item/component
- Using minimum levels of interpretation, usually by visual assessment only
- Referring the inspection results to more skilled or qualified personnel to continue with the inspection process, assessment and interpretation
- Safe operation of the equipment within its capabilities and limitations
- Working effectively within the limitations of standard tests and measurements relevant to their field of activity
- Performing NDT inspections in accordance with written NDT work instructions
- Escalating concerns over frequency of type defects to his/her supervisor, in addition to confirming results and accurately recording the findings
- Clearly marking defective areas for other follow-up validation by supervisory staff, such as NDT Engineering Technicians
- Preparing and submitting clear and concise NDT inspection reports detailing the inspection findings
- Reading technical drawings to assist in the inspection process.
- Work under technical supervision and report regularly on progress
- Ask the supervisor for advice and guidance where appropriate
- Demonstrate a disciplined approach relating to industry standard operations and processes
- Exhibit environmental awareness and undertake safe working practices for self and others
- Have good practical ability, including hand/eye coordination, in order to apply NDT
- Achieve good time management and a disciplined approach.
A full drivers license is a mandatory requirement.
IPEC Inspection Ltd. (Inspection Personnel & Engineering Contractors) is an Irish owned Inspection company which was founded in 1973.
We cater for numerous different industries in all shapes and sizes, specialising in Non Destructive Testing (NDT), Advanced NDT, Welding Inspection & Certification, Vessel Inspection, Pipeline Inspection, Management & Supervision, Quality Assurance, Corrosion Assessment & Analysis, 3rd Party Vendor Assessment, Asset Owner Consultation & Quality Assurance.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: €14.00-€16.00 per hour
- Food allowance
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Overtime pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Dublin Hill, Cork, CO. Cork T23R966: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- English (required)
- Drivers License (required)
- Ireland (required)