Neylons Facility Management, Cork
Neylons is a Facility Management Company providing services all over Ireland. Our growing company prides itself on training and development available to all staff. We offer flexibility, career progression, and a competitive start rate.
Neylons Facility Management has a Part-Time Healthcare assistant position available to join our team in a Residential Care Facility in Kinsale and Clonakilty, county Cork
This position is 40 hours per week. This will include Early/late and night shifts. With the flexibility to provide additional relief hours if required.
****Own Transport / Full Clean driver’s Licence is a requirement; driving is essential for this position.****
- Light cleaning
- Kitchen assistant
- Availability to work nights and weekends
- Assisting Sisters with their hygiene needs, such as bathing, hair care, shaving, dressing, and undressing.
- Helping those who need help at mealtimes.
- Ensure dietary needs are adhered to, including special diets and supplementary drinks, under the direction of the nursing staff. Report if any client is not eating/drinking.
- The mobilization of Sisters includes assisting the nursing staff to turn and re-position using the appropriate aid, i.e. Hoist, sliding sheets, etc. Help those who need help with walking and limb exercises as directed. Ensure clients are comfortable in bed or in chairs.
- Escort Sisters within and, in some circumstances, outside the residence.
- Reporting to nursing staff any complaints of pain, distress, etc., from Sisters.
- Cleaning and restocking of linen presses/wardrobes and ensuring personal clothing is in the correct locker/wardrobe. Ensure correct laundry bags are used, tied labeled, and brought to the laundry.
- Care of incontinent Sisters, promoting continence awareness among clients confined to bed with their toilet needs.
- Toileting clients to include giving, removing, and emptying bedpans, urinals, and commodes and using bedpan washer-disinfector.
- Level 5 in Care Assistant is an advantage but not mandatory
- A can-do attitude
- Experience in a similar role
- Good working knowledge of English
- Knowledge and willingness to apply safe working practices
- Garda vetting is required.
- Own transport
- Full Irish driving licence
We are happy to hear from anyone with specialist skills in any of these areas.
Please Fill in your details and upload your CV to apply.