Motor Technician – 4 Day Work Week, Johnson & Perrott Motor Group, Cork
Johnson & Perrott Motor Group, Cork
We are on the hunt for a top calibre Motor Technician to work as part of our Douglas Team. The role will be based in our Douglas Dealership, Home to Kia and Opel and is part of a 4 day work week trial.
This role is suitable for a qualified motor technician who is looking to develop their career as Master Technician/ Electric Vehicle Technician. Further info on the role is detailed below and to apply please send us your CV today.
About the Role
As a Motor Technician for JPMG you will be responsible for the below:
- Diagnosing and Repair Faults & Servicing vehicle to manufacturers’ guidelines.
- Perform vehicle health checks to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
- Keeping up to date on the latest technology introduced on the vehicle range.
- Completing service paperwork (Job sheets, PDI’s, service reports) in line with warranty and dealer requirements.
- Communicating with the Parts department to obtain parts needed.
- Work with Service Advisors to identify if additional work is required, or if repairs cannot be completed within the time promised.
- Saving and tagging parts if the job is under warranty.
- Meet the efficiency standards on the aftersales department.
- Work with your colleagues to provide excellent customer service and to share best practice.
- Ensure that workshop housekeeping standards are maintained at all times including the use of tools.
*This is not intended to be an exhaustive list*
What You’ll Need:
- You will be a qualified Motor Technician, with experience on modern vehicle electronics.
- You will have a desire to train and develop into a Master Technician.
- You will be organised, flexible and prepared to work as part of a team, with strong interpersonal skills with colleagues and customers.
- You will have strong problem-solving skills and a strong customer- focused approach.
- You will be diligent and work well under pressure.
- You will have experience in working to high standards of Health and Safety procedures.
- You are required to have a full clean driver’s licence.
- Fluent English
- Be able to work to high standards and be highly motivated to learn.
- You will be professional and maintain a high standard of personal presentation.
- Previous experience with our franchise is an advantage but not a requirement.
Want to apply but don’t meet all the requirements? Get in touch to discuss.
What We Offer
- Competitive packages
- Discounted Healthcare Policies.
- Life Assurance
- VDU Eye tests
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Tool purchase schemes
- Sales & Employee Referral Bonuses
- Annual Health Screenings
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Wellness initiatives
- Training & Development
Job Type: Permanent
- 10 hour shift
- Motor Mechanics: 1 year (preferred)
- B Driving Licence (preferred)
- Ireland (required)