Manufacturing Engineer, Boston Scientific Corporation, Cork
Boston Scientific Corporation, Cork
Boston Scientific’s hybrid workplace includes remote and onsite roles. By applying to this position, you will have the opportunity to discuss your preferred working location with your Talent Acquisition Specialist.
- Location: Cork
- Req Number: 560025
- Contract type: Permanent
At Boston Scientific, we draw the strength from the unique talents and abilities inherent in a diverse workforce and we believe that the best and most innovative products come from an inclusive workplace where varied viewpoints are welcomed and encouraged. If you require accommodation during the recruitment process please do not hesitate to contact a member of the Talent Acquisition team for a confidential discussion.
Diversity – Innovation – Caring – Global Collaboration – Winning Spirit – High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information and training, we’ll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you’ll be supported in progressing – whatever your ambitions.
To engineer and implement highly capable & effective manufacturing processes to meet business goals and objectives.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- To identify and order the key activities utilized in quality, service & cost improvements in the Operations Engineering Cycle to meet key business objectives.
- To apply a prioritised approach in Value Centred Engineering to achieve the key opportunities in quality, service and cost.
- Providing technical leadership on all product and process issues.
- Line performance monitoring and the compilation and execution of structured event plans to remediate systemic issues that drive sub-optimal performance.
- Development and implementation of appropriate supporting documentation, and process work instructions compliant with current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Leading technical improvement under the team’s Continuous Improvement Program (CIP).
- Transferring and implementing processes either from development or from another manufacturing facility.
- Participation, where appropriate, in the phase review process with respect to new products.
- Provide technical leadership/guidance for the Process Technicians and Manufacturing Engineers I’s on the team.
- Project planning, in detail, in support of major projects, product/process transfer etc.
- Responsible for other projects (value stream and cross functional) as assigned by the company, including the scoping, approval, budgeting, specification, execution, qualification and handover as appropriate. Observance of the site Equipment and Automated Systems (E&AS) procedures for new equipment.
- Establish and support a work environment of continuous improvement that supports BSC’s Quality Policy, Quality System and the appropriate regulations for the area they support. Ensure employees are trained to do their work and their training is documented.
- Continuous monitoring and reporting of variables that feed into the business performance metrics, and pro-active identification and resolution of issues around same.
- Cross functional liaison with support functions in pursuit support for achieving the business targets.
- Adherence to, and enforcement of all Environment Health and Safety (EHS) requirements on site.
- Elimination and/or management of material risks on the production floor in co-operation with Supplier Quality engineers.
Education & Experience:
- Level 8 qualification in a relevant Engineering or Science discipline.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a highly regulated environment.
- Strong communicator with excellent problem solving skills.
- Teamwork & collaboration is a key competency for this role.
- Ideally experience of working in a regulated environment.
- Project Management
Purpose and Passion – Comprehensive Benefits – Life-Work Integration – Career Growth
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we’re solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we’re one global team committed to making a difference in people lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose – improving lives through your life’s work.
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you’re looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there’s no better place to make it happen.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Disability, Veteran
Job Segment: Facilities, Manufacturing Engineer, Recruiting, Engineer, Operations, Engineering, Human Resources, Manufacturing