Brothers of Charity, Cork
BROTHERS OF CHARITY SERVICES IRELAND – SOUTHERN REGION
The Brothers of Charity Services Ireland – Southern Region is a major voluntary organisation, which provides age related residential, educational and day services for people with intellectual disabilities, autism and communication disorders throughout the Cork and Kerry area. Applications are invited for the following post
Maintenance Supervisor / Technician Ref: 53/2022
Fixed Term contract for 2 years (78 hours per fortnight)
The Role The Maintenance Supervisor will report to the Buildings and Facility Manager and work closely with managers in the service areas served by the post. The successful candidate will be responsible for the management of all general maintenance works in the Cork region ensuring all works are completed in an efficient and safe manner with minimum disruption to the operation of the services provided by the organisation.
The position will require a detailed knowledge of maintenance work with a creative solution driven approach to problem solving. Excellent interpersonal skills and flexibility together with high levels of computer literacy are required.
We are looking for a person who will be flexible and adapt to the needs as they arise within the Services, including hands on work to resolve maintenance issues, refurbishments and any emergency assistance as required.
- Each candidate for appointment must:
- Possess a Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI) Level 6 (or higher) Advanced Trade Certificate (or equivalent qualification). OR
- Possess the National Craft Certificate issued by FETAC. OR
- Possess a Senior Trades Certificate issued by Department of Education.
- Candidates must possess the requisite knowledge and ability, including a high standard of suitability, for the proper discharge of the office.
- Possess full driving licence which qualifies you to drive on Irish roads with means of transport
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in construction / building maintenance
Salary Scale: €45,659 – €48,222 per annum (1/10/21)
Reporting to: Buildings and Facilities Manager
The closing date for receipt of all applications is: Sunday: 2nd October 2022 A panel may be formed from this competition from which future vacancies may be filled
Applications should be made online using the ‘Apply’ Link Below
The Brothers of Charity Services Ireland – Southern Region is an equal opportunities employer