Mowlam Healthcare, Cork
We are now looking for a Kitchen/Catering Assistant to join the catering team in Ballincollig Nursing Home on a full-time basis.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, which includes;
- Guaranteed hours contracts
- Paid breaks
- Sunday Premium rates/Double time on Bank Holidays
- Life Insurance/Death In Service Cover which covers two times your annual salary
- Employee Referral Cash Incentive Scheme
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Free Uniforms
- Free Garda Vetting
- Comprehensive induction training and continued in-house training/professional development
- Opportunities for career progression
- Paid training
- Recognition Programme
- Fulfilling Employment
What does this role entail? To assist in the preparation and service of food and in the cleaning of the kitchen and dining area. Main Activities
- Assist in the preparation and service of all meals and beverages for residents, visitors and staff to the required company standards of hygiene and economy.
- Preparation of resident trays and dining areas ensuring that the necessary equipment, utensils and food is available in the required quantities and at the required time.
- Clear and clean kitchen, dining areas and catering utensils using appropriate cleaning techniques and equipment as directed by the Catering Manager/Cook.
- Advise residents on menu choice in a way as to give maximum choice.
- Adhere to good practice with regard to hygiene, health and safety, HACCP and COSHH Regulation at all times meeting all legislative requirements.
- Assists with record keeping as directed by Catering Manager/Cook.
- Carry out other duties as directed by line Manager.
What are the skills/experience needed?
- Minimum 1 year experience working in kitchen/catering
- HACCP trained
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be reliable & keep to schedule
- Can work as part of a team
- Fluent level of English both written and oral.
This job description is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged. Given the nature of the work it must be stressed that maximum flexibility is required to work in a Nursing Home. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder and the Home Manager.