Puccino's Douglas, Cork
How would you like to work in an exciting, fast paced environment with a great team!
We are a daytime operation with a big focus on excellent breakfasts.
Skills, personality and required experience:
- Must have previous kitchen experience and an interest in food
- Be calm and capable of working under pressure
- Personable and friendly with a good level of English
- Positive attitude and willing to work hard and as part of the team
- HACCP knowledge an advantage but not essential. We will train you
Your role will be split between Kitchen Porter and Kitchen Assistant.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Maintaining a supply of clean ware/cooking utensils at all times
- Responsible for the cleanliness of the kitchen and wash up area
- Work alongside the Chef team to maintain HACCP
- Pre preparation of the food
- Assisting the chef in cooking and plating up the food
- Cleaning down the kitchen
- Checking deliveries from suppliers
We are seeking full time applkicants who will work 35 – 40 hours a week. We also have weekend/part time vacancies for trainee chefs who are enrolled on a cheffing/ cooking course.
You must be flexible to work daytime hours throughout the week Monday to Sunday.
Full training is provided.
Please apply in person with your CV to Puccino’s Douglas, which is in the Douglas Village `Shopping Centre (the Tesco one). Please ask for Joe, Bernie or Annie. We are open from 9.00 am (10.00 am Sundays) to 5.00 pm and are opposite TK Maxx
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: €12.00-€13.00 per hour
- Bike to work scheme
- Employee discount
- Food allowance
- On-site parking
- Day shift
Supplemental pay types:
We are fully compliant with all current Covid 19 protocols
- Cheffing or cooking: 1 year (required)
- English (required)
Work Location: In person
Reference ID: Puccino’s Kitchen Porter/Assistant Chef, Douglas