Kitchen Porter, Leonardo Hotels, Cork
Leonardo Hotels, Cork
Be Yourself – Be a Bold Team Player– Be Leonardo
As a Kitchen Porter you’ll be right in the heart of the hotel, so we want you to take pride in everything you’ll be doing to support the Head Chef and keep things running like clockwork. Take a deep breath because you’ll be stepping into a busy role! You’ll love the kitchen environment and thrive under pressure, whilst working as part of a vibrant team to exceed our guests’ expectations.
If you’re our ideal Kitchen Porter, you will:
- Be yourself!
- Be passionate about your working area and responsibilities
- Have an eagle eye with keen attention to detail
- Be comfortable adapting to changing priorities in the kitchen
- See a future with food and Leonardo Hotels, and aspire to grow with us – we have amazing Learning and Development programs so the sky is the limit!
Why come join us?
We look after our colleagues just as well as we look after our guests. Once you’re part of the team, you’re part of the Leonardo community. We have support on tap, so expect top-notch LD programmes, practical training and clear progression within our vibrant and dynamic team.
Built on decades of hotelier know-how, we are part of the Fattal Hotels Group, which operates over 230 hotels across Europe and Israel. We look after over 50 hotels across the UK Ireland and have plans for major expansion over the next few years’; there’s never been a more exciting time to join us!
Some of the perks our colleagues enjoy include:
- Special rates on Leonardo Hotel rooms across the UK Europe: get planning that city break you’ve been dreaming of!
- Company-wide recognition scheme: for being your fabulous self, you could earn vouchers to spend on a wide range of high street shops
- Free hot meals whilst on duty
- Talent referral scheme: earn yourself a bonus for recommending a friend to join us
- We love to get together and celebrate: we regularly host Thank You Week (your hotel could have anything from ice cream trucks to pizza parties) and every year we get dressed up in our fanciest threads to host our Employee Awards Celebration
- The important stuff: access to the Company Pension Scheme, Life Assurance and Wellbeing Support
- Ongoing job-related training programmes with clear paths for progression
About Jurys Inn Cork
Overlooking the River Lee, this informal hotel in a redbrick building is a 9-minute walk from Cork Kent Train Station and an 11-minute walk from the food stalls at the English Market.
Featuring dark wood furnishings, the warmly decorated rooms come with free Wi-Fi, flat-screen TVs, and tea and coffeemaking equipment. Upgraded quarters include sofabeds. Room service is available.
Breakfast is offered for a fee. There’s also an unfussy restaurant that has a bar.
About Leonardo Jurys Inn
We’ve come a long way since we opened our first hotel in 1993. Jurys Inn and Leonardo Hotels UK Ireland operate 52 hotels, 36 under the Jurys Inn brand and 16 under the Leonardo brand, – 47 in the UK and 5 in Ireland.
With approximately 4,000 employees and 4 brands we are a dynamic, innovative and fast-growing company with plenty of opportunities to grow and develop your career.
As an employer of choice, we put a big emphasis on career development and as a rule we recruit our operations team members for personality rather than experience – it is all about you and how you interact with others, how you can demonstrate our values which are to be:
Consistent, Friendly, Genuine, Positive and Willing
We believe in developing our people and growing our management teams through our excellent Learning Development programmes. 80% of our General Managers joined the business in operational roles and have progressed through the Company with the help of our great development and the opportunities that exist being a multi-site and growing business.
What is life like in Jurys Inn Leonardo Hotels UK and Ireland?
Our hotels are busy environments with lots of guests passing through each day. All roles within Jurys Inn Leonardo UK and Ireland offer customer interaction, a great deal of variety and a fun friendly working environment.
We strive to make Jurys Inn Leonardo Hotels UK and Ireland, a great place to work and we get all our teams involved in engagement activities such as summer BBQ’s, the annual charity challenge, monthly birthday celebrations, fun Fridays and much, much more.
We think it is a great place to work and so do our teams throughout Jurys Inn Leonardo Hotels UK and Ireland… making us an employer of choice.
Our Vision Values
Our vision is very simply, we aim to exceed our guests’ expectations by delivering outstanding results through exceptional people.