Kitchen Porter, Hotel Isaacs, Cork
Hotel Isaacs, Cork
Position – Kitchen Porter (Full or Part Time, Permanent)
Location – Greenes Restaurant at Hotel Isaacs Cork
Working Hours – Full & Part Time hours available
The multi-award winning fine dining Greenes Restaurant are currently seeking a Kitchen Porter to join.
The food at Greenes is innovative, modern and devoted to place. The Head Chef at Greenes recognizes the uniqueness and quality of the outstanding ingredients that are available in Cork. Her talented team works in tandem with the best of Cork’s food producers and in other parts of Ireland to create a menu that’s devoted to local, seasonal, foraged and organic ingredients.
Expect signature dishes of a seasonal nature, refined food with a simple food philosophy – local, fresh and staying true to each ingredient’s essence.
Traditional food practices, such as pickling and fermenting, together with innovative techniques, as well as quality, sustainable meat and fish, and locally sourced organic vegetables and herbs, have transformed Greenes into the destination restaurant that it is today. The front of house team is is headed up by Manager/Sommelier Frank Schiltkamp. With over 20 years experience, Frank and his team will ensure you get the best in service and wine.
Greenes is located in a former bonded warehouse in Cork’s historic Victorian Quarter in the centre of the city.
Your New Role
The successful candidate will have prior experience working as a Kitchen Porter in a similar role. The successful candidate will excellent command of the English language and will be familiar with HACCP. The highest standards of hygiene are crucial to this role.
Duties included in the role are:
- Ensuring all work is carried out daily and at the maximum Hygiene & Safety standards
- Carry out cleaning duties as outlined in the cleaning schedule and complete daily/weekly checklists for cleaning tasks performed.
- Ensuring all crockery, cutlery and utensils are thoroughly washed in the machine provided and checking all items clean before being issued for use.
- Ensuring correct stock rotation when unloading stock into storage (i.e.: Dry goods, raw products, vegetables…etc)
- Ensuring correct and hygienic handling and processing of food items is maintained
- To work in an organised, hygienic manner at all times ensuring the HACCP regulations are adhered to
The nature of our industry means that this role will include a variety of shift & weekend work.
Why Work With Us?
We are a team of talented professionals who work well together and we are a fun team to work with. We want you to be happy and enjoy coming to work with us by providing every individual with the support and training required.
Just some of the benefits of working with us:
- Excellent working environment
- Wellbeing Support & Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounted Health Insurance
- Meals on Duty
- Social Events
- Training & Development opportunities
- Career progression opportunities
This is an exciting opportunity to join a hotel that is managed by PREM Group, one of Europe’s leading hotel management companies. PREM Group provides all of its employees with opportunities to expand and develop their career. We give employees the initiative to contribute their ideas in building a better environment for everyone. #progresswithPREM
If you would like to apply for this role, please forward your CV through this website. We look forward to hearing from you!