Carechoice, Leamlara, Cork
We provide dedicated care and a safe and welcoming home for all our Residents. Our ethos is to create a home from home for our clients, where they can live life to the full with support and respect, whilst enjoying building relationships with all our staff.
We are now looking for a kind and reliable Housekeeping Assistant for our Brookfield Care Centre, to provide excellent standards of cleanliness and hygiene that are maintained throughout our Home.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- Previous practical experience in working in a similar environment is desirable but not essential.
- Passion about elder care, providing residents with a safe, clean environment to live in.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- A professional, caring and empathetic nature.
- Be comfortable working in a sometimes challenging environment.
- Good level of English language skills.
- Availability to work varied shift patterns, Monday to Sunday.
Your Job will involve:
- Daily cleaning of the general areas and residents’ rooms within the nursing home.
- Proper use and storage of cleaning equipment and cleaning solutions.
- Collection and correct disposable of domestic waste.
- Cleaning of spillages as they occur and proper use of wet signs.
- To collect trays, use of the dishwasher and maintain a clean and tidy kitchen in the unit.
- To wash up crockery, cutlery etc. as required.
- Set up of trays for meals.
- Ensure safe work practices are observed and the environment is safe at all times.
- The post will be rotational and flexible according to the needs of the nursing home.
The person may be asked to cover some shifts in the kitchen as a kitchen assistant. Full training will be provided.
What we offer:
- Comprehensive induction training
- Free Garda Vetting
- A rewarding working environment, with support from supervisors and managers
- Competitive rates of pay
- Subsidised meals
- Training & Development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme which offers advice and counselling services, for carers and their immediate families
- Free healthcare uniform – one tunic paid for per year by CareChoice
- Additional annual leave for years of service
- Annual Loyalty bonus – this is based on years of service
- Refer a friend bonus
- On-site parking
Job Types: Full Time