Housekeeper, Mowlam Healthcare, Cork
Mowlam Healthcare, Cork
Charleville Nursing Home is a state of the art new nursing home comprising elegant ensuite bedrooms, spacious dining and lounge facilities and an abundance of residential amenities.
We are hiring for a Housekeeper to join our Nursing Home team.
Overview of the Role
The Housekeeper will contribute to the efficiency and effectiveness of home management with regards to ensuring that a high standard of cleanliness is adhered to at all times.
What does this role entail?
- Responsible for all aspects of cleaning within the home, such as vacuuming, damp, mopping, dusting, retaining excellent cleaning standards throughout the Nursing Home.
- Ensuring that all cleaning products/chemicals and equipment are used and stored appropriately.
- Assessing and confirming that all equipment/furnishings are in good repair and clean: reporting faults to manager
- Demonstrating a good manner when dealing with residents, family and visitors
- Handling all laundry including washing, ironing, and sorting clothes by nametags
- Ensuring cleanliness and safety in the laundry area
- Maintaining confidentiality at all times
- Being aware of all health and safety regulations, reporting hazards/potential hazards immediately.
- Ad hoc duties as required
What are the skills and experience needed?
- Experience working in a healthcare environment (with a good knowledge of HIQA standards) preferable
- Previous experience in similar role (required)
- Awareness of following essential: COSHH Regulation. (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health).Riddor Regulation. (Reporting of incidents, diseases, dangerous occurrences).Health and Safety Legislation & Manual Handling
- Excellent communication skills
- Can work independently or part of a team
- Be reliable & keep to schedule
- Fluent level of English both written and oral
All posts are subject to satisfactory references, medical and Garda vetting.
This job description is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role and the range of duties, it does not attempt to detail every activity. Given the nature of the work, it must be stressed that maximum flexibility is required to work in the nursing home. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder periodically by the Home Manager.