Healthcare Assistants – weekend shifts, Barróg Healthcare, Cork, €13 ph
Barróg Healthcare, Cork
Purpose of Role:
To provide a range of services to individuals with physical and intellectual disabilities and or autism. This includes services such as community outreach, home support, personal care and day services. All care is person centered and provides a holistic service in partnership with the person’s circle of support.
Barróg Healthcare is a family run organisation based in Dublin with services nationwide providing residential care and day packages nationwide to enable people who need support across the areas of mental health, disability, aftercare, transitional and mainstream social care. Our programmes are built around our central philosophy; to embrace the possibilities for each person in our care and work with support agencies and local community groups to grow and foster independence towards an outcome of social interaction and purposeful contribution, celebrating the best of each person’s ability. We pride ourselves on working to support and champion both our service user’s and staff and welcome applications from any person that feels they would be a good fit within our organisation. The right candidate for this role will strive to enhance the lives of the individuals by promoting their community inclusion and equal citizenship.
Shifts: Day Shifts
- Flexibility on working hours
- Competitive starting salary
- Sunday overtime rate
- Access to Cycle to Work Scheme and tax-free bus/Luas/rail/coach tickets
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Promotion and development opportunities
- Support for further education and training
- Uniform provided
- Pension scheme (PRSA)
- Refer a friend bonus
- Discounted driving lessons
Principle Duties/ Responsibilities:
- Practice safe driving habits
- Support service users with an intellectual / physical disability, autism, mental health, challenging behaviour.
- Ensure service users are supported to make sense of their environment, learn new skills and maximise their independence.
- Assist individuals with their daily living activities.
- Support individuals to live a meaningful life, with a priority focus on equal citizenship.
- Facilitate each individual supported by the services to actively participate and integrate into the community.
- Accompany service users to appointments and other events as required
- Assist service user’s that have reduced mobility.
- Support service users with their health and well-being, personal care including continence requirements if required.
- Undertake duties as may be assigned by your direct manager/team leader to support the care of service users.
- Manage challenging behaviours, using a positive behaviour support plan.
- Permission to work in Ireland.
- Minimum of completed FETAC/QQI Level 5 qualification in a healthcare/disability related field.
- Full clean driver’s license
The following will be seen as an advantage:
- At least one year of experience in a healthcare/disability setting.
All roles subject to Garda Vetting, overseas security clearance and reference checks.