Healthcare Assistant – Macroom, Lissarda, Irish Wheelchair Association, Cork, €15.82 ph
Irish Wheelchair Association, Cork
Ranked 2nd on the Irish Independent “Best Employer” list 2022 and the highest-ranking charity organisation.
We are seeking applications from committed and caring Healthcare assistants/ Personal Assistants who are interested in joining our team in the below locations in Cork;
The position on offer is permanent part-time, 8 hours every Saturday.
Must be willing to driver service user’s vehicle and over 25 years with full licence due to insurance purposes.
Overall Purpose of Job
- The purpose of the role is to enable the Service User to achieve maximum independence in all aspects of daily living, by providing assistance in one or more of the following areas: personal care, domestic assistance, social and educational assistance, travel and companionship.
- Role takes place in the homes and communities of our Service Users.
- There are several key relationships, which should be fostered and developed for the successful implementation of this role. Liaise and coordinate with other identified Home carers as required and maintain close communication with the ALS Coordinator / Scheduling staff
What we Offer
- Salary range for this position is €14.23 – €15.82 per hour depending on experience
- Premium rates paid for unsociable hours
Before 8am and after 8pm – €17.78 p/h
Sunday – €21.34 p/h
Public Holidays – €28.46 p/h
- Inter-client mileage paid
- Sick pay scheme
- Maternity and paternity pay scheme
- Excellent working conditions
- Holiday pay at a rate of 8% of hours worked.
- Ongoing Training development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
What we Require:
- Minimum 5 modules completed at QQI Level 5 in a Health Care discipline and a commitment to complete the Major Award.
- Full Driving License and access to vehicle (essential)
- Willing to driver service user’s vehicle. Must be over 25 with full licence due to insurance purposes (essential)
- Experience in a caring environment preferable but not essential
- Kind and Caring attitude
- Person Centred approach
- Use of your own smart phone to check in and out of your visits is essential
IWA is committed to continuing to be an equal Opportunities employer
Documentary evidence of your relevant qualification(s) may/will be required in advance of or during the recruitment process.
€14.23 to €15.82 DOE