Gatekeeper, Irish Distillers, Cork
Irish Distillers, Cork
At Irish Distillers, we live and love whiskey. But in our world, it’s the people who come first and it’s why we think of ourselves as a family. We are passionate about what we do. We have kept our tradition alive because we believe that Ireland produces the best whiskey in the world. There are over 600 hundred of us, all working together to share our passion and products with whiskey lovers the world over. Led by Jameson, the world’s best-known Irish whiskey, we export to over 130 markets and hit sales of 8 million cases in 2020.
We are now looking for a Gate Keeper to join our team in Midleton, co. Cork.
With our busy tourist season fast approaching and the site undergoing reconstruction we require an organised and professional individual to manage the entrance gate and ensure our coach parking area is organised efficiently so as to provide a first-class welcome to our visitors.
- Ensure both coach and private tour buses are given access to the site as appropriate
- Provide a first class welcome to our visitors
- Ensure the entrance area is kept clean and presentable
- Ensure access to the redevelopment site is free from from obstructions
- Ensure access is given as appropriate to trades working on the redevelopment site
- Report issues where they arise
- As and when necessary, liaise with our building contractors
- Build a strong working relationship with campus colleagues including: Distillery, Archive, Academy, Cooperage, Micro Distillery and Tourist Office.
- Provide assistance to the caretaker where necessary
- Be available to support in all areas as necessary.
Who we are looking for:
As a member of the Jameson Distillery Midleton, you will become an active member of the Brand Home team and share the responsibilities of operating a first-class Brand Home, on a seven-day basis, in pursuance of the Brand Home vision to ‘create advocates’ for Irish Distillers whiskey brands.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Comfortable working independently, yet in conjunction with the larger onsite experience team
- A dedicated, reliable, punctual and trustworthy individual, with ability to work on his/her own initiative and think on the job
- Hard working & takes pride in their work, ensuring the site is presentable for our visitors
- An excellent communicator at all levels, with experience in delivering first class customer service to customers
Qualifications and experience:
- Minimum Leaving Certificate or Equivalent
- Manual Handling
Kindly note this is a fixed term contract, working 5 over 7 days, including weekends.
Life at Irish Distillers
At Irish Distillers, we live and love whiskey. Our shared spirit is guided by our values. Because special things happen when Real, Remarkable and Responsible people come together. We’re proud to be part of the Irish Distillers and Pernod Ricard family, and the magic moments we create through our brands.
Our culture is a blend of curiosity and craic, where everyone can be author of their own verse. Our enthusiasm for what we do is infectious. The spirit we share gives us purpose and makes life at Irish Distillers special. And what’s life without a little spirit?
What we offer
We understand our people are our special ingredient. We treat our employees with respect and offer an environment that is engaging, supportive and collaborative. We understand that employees require different supports at different stages of their working lives and our benefits, perks and programmes look to support your employee journey. We want to make you feel recognised and valued for your contribution to our shared success. Some of offerings include;
- Profit share: an annual profit share scheme to reward your contribution to the company’s success.
- Allowance: an annual allowance to spend on our portfolio of products and merchandise, for you to enjoy responsibly.
- People Development: We enable continuous development for our people at every stage of their careers through our people development, online learning, and leadership training programmes.
- Family leave: fully paid maternity, parent and paternity leave, allowing you spend precious time with your new family member
- Parental Support: Our ‘Reconnect’ programme includes access to a workplace parenting coach, a phased return to work and a supportive environment for new parents
- Health & Wellbeing; Our Wellbeing Programme “THRIVE” supports employees across the three main pillars: Life, Body and Mind
- Charity Days: up to 2 days paid leave every year to volunteer at a charity of their choice