Botanic Home & Garden Centre, Cork
Botanic Home & Garden Centre is a busy modern garden centre in East Cork. We aim to give excellent customer service and enhance the shopping experience for all our customers.
The position will entail assisting with till and general garden centre duties and helping customers select gardening-related merchandise in a friendly and efficient manner.
- You will be friendly, hard-working, honest and happy to work in a busy garden centre environment. You will be committed to giving excellent customer service.
- You will serve customers and process payments at the till (ePOS system training will be provided).
- You will assist with pricing, re-stocking and maintaining displays, as well as answering phone inquiries.
- You will provide information and advice to the public regarding the selection, purchase, and care of products, and so you should develop expansive knowledge of our garden centre products to better advise customers on various aspect of gardening.
- You should be able to do physical work indoors and outdoors, in keeping stock levels maintained and stock displayed neatly and plants cared for under the supervision of the horticulturalists and floor manager, and in assisting customers to bring purchases to their cars.
No horticultural experience is necessary, but will be deemed an advantage. Previous retail experience using ePOS systems will also be of advantage. Our garden centre is open 7 days a week, so flexibility with working hours is necessary, and weekend work will be required.
A cover letter outlining the reasons you wish to apply for this position is required.
Job Types: Full-time.
Salary: From €13.00, commensurate with experience
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term
Contract length: 12 months
Salary: From €13.00 per hour
Expected hours: 40 – 42.5 per week
- Employee discount
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Carrigtwohill, Cork, CO. Cork T45 X880: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Retail: 2 years (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 01/12/2023
Reference ID: BotC2303
Expected start date: 11/12/2023