O'Flynn's Gourmet Sausage, Cork
O’Flynn’s Gourmet Sausage Company is looking for a full-time Food & beverage assistant staff to join our team, working across our city centre locations or at events. The working hours for this position will be full 8 hour day shifts (between 8.30am and 6.30pm) across the 7 days of the week. Unfortunately due to the ongoing nature of the role and the working hour requirements of this position, it is not suitable for students in school, college or English College.
We are a well-established food business who has been feeding the people of Cork for over 10 decades. Our dedicated team works hard to create a gastronomic sausage feast for our customers, ensuring they return to us again and again. Working hard, being part of a great team, and being passionate about food is at the core of O’Flynn’s.
As part of our Food Service Team, you’ll be responsible for making and serving our delicious sandwiches and meals to customers in our Winthrop Street or English Market locations or at Events. As part of your role, you’ll be handling the grill, creating gourmet sausage sandwiches, keeping fridges and food levels fully stocked and of course greeting and serving customers with a smile, making sure they fully enjoy their experience with us.
The job includes a range of tasks including
- Meeting & greeting customers and fulfilling their order requests
- Maintaining excellent levels of customer care and service, with an awareness of product knowledge and merchandising
- Preparing, cooking and serving customer orders efficiently, ensuring the food is both cooked and presented to the highest quality and standards
- Operating the till and balancing the cash at the end of the day
- Understanding HACCP food safety regulations and keeping paperwork and checklists up to date, always ready for inspection
- Knowing the menu and the specials and making sure to upsell products when dealing with customers
- Monitoring and controlling of stock levels, making orders for delivery and keeping food levels stocked up
- Keeping the Restaurant and cooking areas clean throughout the day and conducting full clean downs at the end of the day
This role will ideally suit someone who enjoys working with food, perhaps previously working in a fast-food outlet or a small café / deli / stall / coffee shop or have some other food retail or hospitality experience.
If you’d like to find out more, we’d be delighted to hear from you!
- HACCP training will be provided, but previous experience in this area is desirable
- Fluent ENGLISH is essential – both written and verbal.
- Ideally you have previous experience working within a food retail business or within the hospitality industry
- Unfortunately due to the ongoing nature of the role and the working hour requirements of this position, it is not suitable for students in school, college or English College.
All applications will be reviewed and responded to once the job ad has closed which will be two weeks from the date of job posting.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: €12.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Are you available to work a flexible roster of 5 days per week across 7 days of the week, with 8 hour shifts between the hours of 8.30am and 6.30pm?
- Are you currently in (or starting in Autumn), school, college or English College?
- Food preparation: 1 year (preferred)
- hospitality industry: 1 year (preferred)
- fluent English (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 11/08/2023